BullsEye triangulation without math so much :)

A.S

Hello Ladies and Gents....

there is a way to convert informations from your HUD and your MFD into Bullseye calls without making very complicated calculations....

It s kinda visualisation and comparing given hints to draw the rest of the "picture" instantly in your head.

I will not explain it totally yet....so you have the chance to mindwalk through it

I only say the trick is to use your HSI as map...setting its middlepoint as BS and at the end of your bearingpointer you "imagine" your own aircraft with HSI given heading...

PS: range to bandit you know from your lock in your HUD and (offtopic - compared with your threat-closing-lights earlier in your RWR you know its not a MiG.)

Have fun...

bsxb3.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here a helping riddle:

Your wingman says:

I m BS 130° for 16.5km angles 7 (same alt as you in that case) heading north.

and then he says...

i should be on your 9 oґclock ( he knows your situation cuz you gave him ) intercepting your course..

is he right or not?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If i understood it right,then this is a calculated guess:smartass:, if i didn't understood it right..................I ****** **!!!!!!!(means my answer will be wrong :doh:)

I think the wingman is wrong,i think he's at my 11 o'clock.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]cure"Biggy"bigbelgian

If i understood it right,then this is a calculated guess:smartass:, if i didn't understood it right..................I ****** **!!!!!!!(means my answer will be wrong :doh:)

I think the wingman is wrong,i think he's at my 11 o'clock.

..no sorry ...

..the trick is to use your HSI as THE map...setting its middlepoint as BS and at the end of your bearingpointer you "imagine" your own aircraft..

lil hint more and u dont need any math in this, not at all...its totally a watch, imagine and combat ready very quick "give your and others postion is BS coordinates" system

PS: more tip... HSI is the map, radius of HSI is your current range to seleceted BS (can be WP 1 or rtb runway, whatever) 33KM = the orange line from your aircraft to middle (BS).... this range can be different, but the orange-half of your bearingpointer shows always the range to BullSeye...easily readable and shown on HSI left top as number...33km..

So where would be...if you just mindraw it...nothing more...a plane 130° for 16,5km (half of 33km hehe)....

Your Bullseye position in that case above is 070° for 33km

Understood how fast and easy that works ,) ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok i m gonna add one more mindgame

once you have understood that principle above you will be easily able to execute following scenario: (even just IFR)

Imagine, your are sitting in your base and your commander is rushing through the door, in the middle of the night, your mates already waiting for you for a party poker,

and he is smashing you this map on your table with the words..

"...sorry ( polite commander ) to interrupt you, but we have a problem.

Our troups detected one Shilka in the north hills and it must be destroyed

before they have a chance to call for support.

Eliminate that ground unit without being detected (detection range 2.7nm), so they are not able to call help on coms.

But be carefull, visibilty condition is "BlacK", you wonґt see sh... and the unit sits in a valley and your only chance to get in weapons envelope

without being detected or flying over it,

is to engage it from a north canyon...which will provide you a clean shot.......Your A-10 is ready for take off..loaded with 2 AGM-65D

(4,5nm effective range so you can fire out of detection zone) ..

"Your Navs (WPs) are already programmed" ..Target coordinates see Briefingmap.

Good luck ... "

bombul3.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok.....to explain this again...i found a great example using this "visualisation" trick on a different page....the topic here is TACAN but the principle is the same.

have fun.....

http://www.87th.org/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=35

Thx for the link and the lesson..............now, if you dont mind, i am going to study :book::smartass::smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]cure"Biggy"bigbelgian