CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

A beautiful aircraft just got a facelift in not only looks, but also capabilities. It will be interesting to see what happens on Monday, as that is the date when Norway expects the bids for our new fighter aircraft. In the mix are the Gripen N, and the JSF.

My choice? I'd take the Gripen, no questions asked.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

One question. Now that it has two pylons on the belly, where does it fit its Laser Pod for the LGBs' ?

Edit: Found a better pic. Do you think it will fit in the middle?

http://www.canit.se/~griffon/aviation/img/saab/gripen/gripen_recc-pod.jpg

There you go. Under the fuselage.

edit: BTW, it has to be a very small pod :D

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

any clue?

on how is this Sweden such a resourcefull country that it can make their own fighters, ..?? i mean that in full respect, that is usually something you need partners etc.. EF is a product of all of EU, well, not all of it, most of it, and here we have one country that is capable of making it on their own?

how is that? cheap resource, materials, engineers, ..what? ..

i have to give it to them, to make a aircraft that is on a parallel with the E-fighter is quite the achivement :)))

Go Sweden .. :))

It does not look it would be able to carry the TGP in the center pylon with two GBU. Unless they have their own designed or one like the old F-18D laser pod (IIRC, it was smaller, I don't think the LITENING pod would fit) It is a beautiful aircraft. So new landing gear, more fuel, new avionics (data link, Radar?, etc) Cool

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Sweden, or SAAB, has huge experience in Aircraft engineering, going way back (pre WWII). Plus, alot of parts are from outside of Sweden, for example engine...

The engines are Volvo aren't they? Might be produces outside sweeden though.

Intel i7-950 @stock, Asus P6X58D-E, 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance, Asus GTX 580, Corsair 120GB SSD, Corsair HX 750W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They are built under license in sweden.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The engines are Volvo aren't they? Might be produces outside sweeden though.

They are built under license in sweden.

In the previous JAS39, they were built under licence as PA said. It seems that the engines for the DEMO is just GE F414, no Volvo. But for the production 39E/F, Vovlo might build them?

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

Still, doesn't make much sense to me :huh:

Many aircraft use that concept. That is , to carry a GBU while a second aircraft carries the laser designator. If you look for pictures of aircraft carrying GBU/LGB you would see many that don't have the pylons, the wiring or the equipment to lase a bomb but they carry GBU/LGB anyway. IIRC, the Tornado's GR1/GR1A use this method during Dessert Storm. Their laser aircraft where Buccaneers. More recently, You can see Marine AV8B Harriers in Afghanistan that did not have enough pylons to carry all the equipment (I.E. Bombs and targeting pod) So one would carry the laser pod and maybe one bomb and the other would carry a bomb and rockets. There many aircraft that have to do this, AFAIK.

• Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

To whom it may concern,

Aah thanks mvsgas. I know that the current Gripen in the Swedish Air Force has a pylon placed a bit further away from the other ones so the FLIR pod would be fitted.

Check pic 1 n 2 rom left.

As you also can see in the early prototype pictures of the Demo plane for Norway, there were suppose to be an exact same pylon.

Check pic nr 3.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]