Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

MISSION 5-Postponed

Okay, so how about every side plays the P-51 as the only permissible airplane? Old technology, no smart weapons and since every side has them, it´s about as fair as it gets.

Or... we´ll just all accept that it´s either realism or balance, but never both. Personally, I don´t care about balance as long as it´s realistic. And yes, I do realize that means I, as an A-10 pilot, will get shot out of the sky much more often and without prior warning. Still, I don´t care. I want it realistic.

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs

play nicely boys... no need to loose the rag...

all i can say is that we are not in a war... its a sim where ifwe can be a gentelman by agreeing to have a balanced game play then we can have some fun... also get some practice as well...

dropping smart weapons can be tought to a monkey...

so thats all

Okay, so how about every side plays the P-51 as the only permissible airplane? Old technology, no smart weapons and since every side has them, it´s about as fair as it gets.

Another one...Why the hell do you feel the need to exagerrate? What the hell is so hard to understand people prefer semi active missiles and unguided bombs because then it's both REALISTIC for CERTAIN SCENARIOS and MORE BALANCED and MORE FUN for BOTH sides of the conflict. Late 80s, early 90s scenarios are the best for that and grant you BOTH realism and balance in a DCS multiplayer game. Both sides have similar weapons, there are no active missiles, no guided bombs, everything else is in there.

I'll repeat for the weaker thinkers here, you DO NOT forget realism, you trim the forces WITHIN REASONABLE LIMITS (no WWII crap you mention, no guns only crap, no switching off your monitor ffs) to make it more balanced and keep both realism and fun factor.

You willingly drop some stuff that's in the game for scenario's sake and make it a better experience for those involved. If you want to play bash the AI with every gadget you can think of go play some singleplayer or coop scenario, but if you want to play a COMPETITIVE scenario with people then you have to think about several more things as well.

I still don't see what's so ****ing hard to understand here...It looks to me like you have NO experience in large multiplayer events and no idea how they should work, like Battle for Sinai or Red Flag for BMS. Great examples how you can balance both sides and keep it REAL. Go read some. Play some. Maybe some of your ignorance will go away and you will stop derping and posting bullshit because right now I can see you simply have no idea what you're talking about.

But no, you can't seem to understand even basic stuff that's been written over and over again, you feel a freaking need to say "Herp Derp, oh yeah yes let's fly WW1 planes haha!"

And speaking of balancing. We can do it also in another fashion by giving both sides F15 with Amraams. "OH but it's not realistic!" you will cry. Oh, but yes it is, exactly as realistic as a war scenario between russia and nato in georgia on a large scale like we play. It could perhaps be Israel or Saudi Arabia involved on Russian side. They both have F15.

But yeah, I'll imagine you'll cry foul then not knowing which F15 is on what side and you will cry that you can't play then. You will cry it's not realistic. Because it seems you do that when someone tries to take away from you, whether real or imagined advantage. So think hard which way of balancing and STILL KEEPING IT REAL is better for ALL players, not just you. Giving them all new shiny stuff or trimming the weapons a bit. I'm definately in favor of the second way which was presented over and over again with derpy reactions from you like "DUUUH, let's all use clubs mwahaha".

It seems like some people are working hard to make the scenarios involving, difficult and fun for ALL 20-25 people involved, try to balance the best they can using limited resources and without breaking the gameplay but there is one or two persons trying to undermine that effort, spewing bullshit without thinking and not even trying to use proper logical arguments, not derpy one liners. If you have other ideas how to balance the game, keep it real, keep it fun for EVERY person on the server by all means tell everyone. It will be appreciated. But not the kind of derpy crap you're trying to pull here.

Endy... you don't understand. The only person bitching around here about "forbid this and ban that" is you. And you justify it with "all the people want"... but that's obvisously not true. It's only you. And the weaker your arguments get the more pathetic you act. I find it utmost amusing to see how the FC3-point-klick-and-kill-guy is losing his nerve here about realism and balance.

And now you crack me up, Endy. I took you for serious at least a little bit but with these statements... F-15 vs F-15 a realistic scenario with Israel or SA turning against the US and joining russia? Ridiculous

Go on, Endy, I'll read what you write for a good lough :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

Listen you ****ing retard, again you're doing the same, not understanding a single bit of what's it all about and concentrating on out of context stuff. I write some stuff, explain, argue about pros and cons of different stuff onto which you choose one line and come up with a derpy reply...WTF?

Here, I'll crack your post as well for clarification since there is no other way to speak to you:

F-15 vs F-15 a realistic scenario with Israel or SA turning against the US and joining russia? Ridiculous

It's as ridiculous as war in Gerogia that we're playing. As realistic or as unrealistic depending on points of view. Both are imagined. Scenarios. Gameplan. Fiction. Movie stuff. NOT true. Imagined. Possible yet not probable. Not genuine. Mock. Here, I'm using multiple very simple terms for you to comprehend but I doubt you will anyway. Got that or no?

And where's your reply to what I said about it being one of multiple ways of balancing things, the other being willingly going into more historical scenarios with more limited weaponry, but that's too hard for you right? Too many difficult words?

"forbid this and ban that"

Again, I don't know if you are retarded or only pretend to troll better but I've given plenty of arguments, examples of how losing SOME weapons is used in multiplayer campaigns on a larger scale than what DCS does but since you're under your little troll bridge you obviously can't comprehend that. I also gave you something to look for on the internet. Search for Battle for Sinai and Red Flag for Falcon BMS. But you just conveniently ignore it right?

I told you multiple times, it's not about banning willy nilly. I told you why as well. Still you ignore all the arguments and go around it by derping. Really, how dumb do you have to be...

FC3-point-klick-and-kill-guy

Looool, as if I only played FC3, hahaha. You really are a ****ing moron aren't you? I already told you I played A10 for a long time as well in DCS, not to mention an even longer history of other sims. But yeah, the fact I played FC3 here for 3 weeks in 3 missions makes me a point and click FC3 guy... I can't even find words that describe how stupid you have to be if you make such assumptions...REPLY TO THE ABOVE LINE AND WHY YOU MADE THAT ASSUMPTION. HIGHLIGHTED FOR VISIBILITY. Will I see apologies for retarded assumption or is it too hard for you?

Read what I wrote again. Because it seems like comprehension and logical thinking seems to be out of your reach. Maybe you can achieve some by repeating.

Ah, but I expect you'll find a one liner again, quote two words from this post taken out of context and ignore the rest. C'mon make my day.

I'd rather say your sheer idiocy, inability to discuss using logical arguments, falure to admit mistakes about stuff you pull out of your ass and not being able to comprehend even the simplest ideas is what's clearly visible in all your posts here. Tbh not sure if ****ing troll or retard.

Guys I think you forgot where you are and what this is all about...This is not a chat forum.

We respect everyone's opinion and ideas especially because we are not so experienced in DCS ,but only in Falcon BMS, and we talked and received ideas from many of you.Thank you for that.

But in the end it's an event that we organise and as the rules say :

-The 373rd vFS will be responsible to design the Campaign missions and will ensure the smooth flow of the scenario

,and everyone should understand what we announced from the start :

''We make scenarios that some times may not be fully balanced and some times not even fully realistic to server the main goal of the campaign.

The goal is to have missions with a lot of DCS pilots and get all together training and fun''.

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

There are not much DCS World events cause there are some multiplayer problems but we try to get over them.

So we understand and we know that always some of the participants will not be satisfied with something but it's totally unacceptable to have these arguments in our Campaign group. We try to give our best but in the end if someone doesn't like the final mission scenario it's up to him to decide if joining or not.

So please stop these argument with all these comments …

Thanks

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Well, my simming (and gaming in general) history dates back to the early 80´s, and I do have a university diploma. So hopefully that goes to show I´m neither inexperienced when it comes to multiplayer gaming nor dumb as a rock when it comes to life in general.

The guys of the 373rd have done a marvelous job so far, and I for one can´t thank them enough for the fun I have had so far. They work hard so we can meet, play and have fun.

Out of respect for them and because Greg asked us to, I will stop posting in this very thread, but I would like to make it a point that I am APPALLED by Endy´s use of foul language and him openly insulting other players over some petty disagreement. Such behavior is not acceptable, and at the very least an apology is in order I believe.

Either way, like I said, this will be my last posting in this matter. I am here to have fun, not to fight.

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs

Petty disagreement is up to a point when both sides discuss using arguments. When one side starts trolling and spewing bullshit and veiled insults (all of which I can quote but that's neither here or there and will start another flame war) the other sides' patience ends as well as being polite. Simple as that.

Ah, and not other players but a player. One in particular. Don't try to water it down :)

And Greg, good post, keep up the good work on the missions.