Rudder input

BobbyDevo

Try making some curves on the rudder axis. What pedals are you using?

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

Curves will probably help. Also, keep in mind, ''normal'' ruddering is going to be very light. You will not usually do full, or even 25% rudder even in combat. It's for fine tuning nose position. So if you're ''throwing the nose around'', even if you think it's ''just a little'' it's still way too much.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Try +20 on the curvature axis and see how that feels then play with different numbers and fine tune it till you feel happy. Good luck, remember you can always reset to default.

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

Curves will probably help. Also, keep in mind, ''normal'' ruddering is going to be very light. You will not usually do full, or even 25% rudder even in combat. It's for fine tuning nose position. So if you're ''throwing the nose around'', even if you think it's ''just a little'' it's still way too much.

Did not expect that 25%. I'll move the curves and see what I can do

• Like 1

An important caveat is that you sometimes need a lot of rudder to counteract torque/gyro effects when flying warbirds with massive rotary engines, especially when taking off. The engine itself will "throw the nose around" in such aircraft and you need the rudder to counteract it. You sometimes need a lot of rudder to keep the slip indicator centered when lining up guns shots or bomb drops in such planes. Warbirds also often require you to "dance" on the rudders during landing to keep the nose straight and avoid a ground loop. This involves big rudder inputs for a very short period. That said, using curves for the rudder is good advice even in warbirds.

And while I don't fly helicopters, my understanding is that the "rudder" (that is, pedal control of the tail rotor) gets a lot of use in those as well. Jets are a lot easier to fly.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals