Help with Navy Brevities.

VirusAM

The campaign is really fun and as a book fun I am slowly but steadily enjoying it.

By far the most realistic and complete campaign for the Hornet.

Now I need a little but of help as also if i read the document posted by BD and know quite well the usual brevities (those that are used in my virtual squadron at least) I feel that i am losing something with many unusual words and procedures for me. Of course I already checked on google :)

So these are the mistery words for me

- Ladder (as I understood from the contest is should be a joker/bingo equivalent. Isn’t it?)

- Armstrong

- No alibies

- Difference between strike/knight

- general explanation of the acronyms in the briefing

Thanks in advance for the help.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Ladder is a reference to the "fuel ladder" - a sequence of pre-planned fuel states that an aircraft should be at during various parts of the mission to ensure the ability to make it back to the carrier or to a tanker without running out of gas. The "rungs" of the ladder can be tied to waypoints or mission events. So, for example, a pilot may calculate that they need to be at 9,000lbs of fuel coming off the target to be able to make it back to the carrier and land safely. If they're at 8,000lbs coming off the target, they can start planning well in advance if they're going to need to tank before recovery.

Strike is the carrier command center, which is tied into the entire surface group network plus Naval and National command. They're the ones ultimately in control of missions and that make important decisions as needed.

Within the context of the campaign, Knight is the AWACS. It's a squadron callsign for the fictional VAW-111 Knights.

Great...thanks so much for that answers.

Anyway in the context of this campaign, how do I know which is the correct fuel ladder?I cannot see a reference to it in the kneeboard. I see the reference to joker/bingo anyway

• Like 1

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png