Add new M waypoint for BK90 TOO in flight?

Machalot

On 6/22/2022 at 6:29 PM, MYSE1234 said:

They are completely separate from the navigation polygon.

My pleasure

I could not get it to work in SPA but I was able to get it to work in NAV mode. I selected BX1 and then (with the radar off) did T1 and then TV over the target. I then was able to turn around and deploy the cluster bomb.

I don't know enough if this is wrong to do. 

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Lowlyslows said:

I could not get it to work in SPA but I was able to get it to work in NAV mode. I selected BX1 and then (with the radar off) did T1 and then TV over the target. I then was able to turn around and deploy the cluster bomb.

I don't know enough if this is wrong to do. 

Thoughts?

That will work. However if you do another fix on Bx1 (in case it's not accurate enough or whatever) it will move all the other waypoints too, so it's not optimal but it will work.

Regarding SPA. If you make a SPA fix and then switch back to NAV and press the "1" on the datapanel. Does that select the SPA target for you? And are you able to deploy the weapons on it with ANF?

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

12 hours ago, MYSE1234 said:

That will work. However if you do another fix on Bx1 (in case it's not accurate enough or whatever) it will move all the other waypoints too, so it's not optimal but it will work.

Bx6-Bx9 behave like M points, so this would not be an issue. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

4 hours ago, Machalot said:

Bx6-Bx9 behave like M points, so this would not be an issue. 

No yeah, but they did say Bx1 so that's what I went with.
But also with Bx6-9 there are other limitations as well:

• It's not possible to make a fix on Bx6 while in NAV (not sure if accurate).
  • And in ANF Bx6 is only able to move along the "A/C -> Bx7 -> Bx8" route (i.e. the missile flight path would they be used), so it's not really useable for this
  • Making a subsequent fix on Bx8 with the other Bx waypoints set will move them all

All Bx points work great if you have a cartridge however, with the target locations already set accurately so there is no need to make any fixes.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |