Logitech X56 Hotas problem

Lee1

Anyone having problems with the X56?

I like it, very functional EXCEPT :-

Switch 5 stopped working within the first week, not a big deal, plenty more switches.

However, this evening between flights, the button "C" switch (the mini joystick on the stick) has started to just "run away" with itself. Depending what is set as SOI. the HUD square just flies up to the top of the HUD and stays there. If I move it elsewhere it just pops back there. If TGP is selected it does the same and it will not lock on anything either, just wanders off on its own.

I have contacted Logitech for a replacement but their website says "sold out" when I just looked so not much hope there.

Does anyone have a similar experience please and how did you solve it.

Edited by Lee1
Mis spellings

Open up the X56 HOTAS software. Little rhino icon > click settings > click joystick > click calibrate axis. See if that works? Also, ensure you have no conflicts in Device Manager and you have the latest software installed.

Alternatively, assuming you have Win10. Go to Troubleshoot Settings > Additional Troubleshooters > Program Compatibilty Troubleshooter > Select the X56 software and see if it finds any issues?

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

I’ve seen a YouTube review where this exact same behaviour was identified as being caused by excessive power draw of the x56 on USB ports. Solution is a quality usb 3.0 PCIe card or a powered USB hub.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.