F10 map cartridges -- M points, MB, MP, and MBP points

Machalot

The Viggen manual for RC2 says the following on page 381:

F10 Map generated cartridge

The cartridge can be created based on setting marks on the in-game F10 Map.

Place a mark on the desired coordinate, and use the following format for the different types

of waypoints:

Airfields LS L1 L2:

Waypoints B1-9: B1, BP1

Target waypoints M1-9: MP1 MB1 MBP1

Markpoints: BX1-9: BX1

Measured Recce targets M1: M1, MR1

RUTA points R1-9: R1-9

There is no explanation I can find of what MP1, MB1, MBP1 are supposed to do. Nor BP1. Anybody know what these symbols are for?

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

It’s just accepted spelling variants. M1 and MP1 is however not the same thing (former is reconnaissance target while the later is target-waypoint). It’s not my fault SAAB decided to name two things that are not the same (while similar) almost the same name.

• Like 1

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Now that you mention it, I'm curious why M designates recce rather than M target waypoints. Is that based on something in the real life design?

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

Now I’m confused.

So naming a waypoint on the F10 map „M1“ will make it a reconnaissance target ,while naming it „MP1, MBP1 or MB1“ will make it a conventional/attack target waypoint?

But both would be shown as „M1“ in the active waypoint window in the cockpit?

kind regards,

Snappy

• Like 1

Uhh just checked the implementation and M1 will apparently be interpreted as a target-waypoint (Målbrytpunkt) and not a recce point. MR1 is however still a recce-point. Possibly the implementation changed since the manual was written or just a mistake. I think maybe M1 as waypoint would make more sense since it’s way more often used.

• Like 1

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.