Multiplayer problem (V1.02)

My nephew and I are just getting into LOMAC. We haven't tried HyperLobby yet, but I have successfully hosted a game over Ubi.com.

Successfully, in that I can take off, approach the enemy, and then get shot down! Ditto for my nephew.

However, in these games, he always appears to me to be on the ground, and I appear to be on the ground to him. We haven't proved this fully, but it appears that he may be able to see when I shoot a plane down, and I can see his victims.

But we can't fly alongside each other, as would be expected...

I've checked various forums but I haven't discovered anyone with similar experiences.

Anybody got any thoughts?

Regarding your problem experienced - unfortunately nothing constructive to offer re a solution as I'm running 1.12a.

However

Would be negligent of me not to advise you to strongly contemplate obtaining and installing the Add-On, Flaming Cliffs.

Not only would you then be able to connect via Hyperlobby (in all probability where the vast majority of active online forum members will be found) - but Flaming Cliffs is overall a vast improvement in a variety of aspects over version 1.02.

You will not be disappointed ;) :)

And yes - Welcome to the Forums :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Yeah, I'm considering FC, but a) it means Starforce or a hack (neither of which I am happy about) and b) more expense for my nephew (which translates to me buying it for him!).

At this stage we are not bothered about joining in 1.12 games over HyperLobby because, frankly, we'll get slaughtered. For a while, we just want to play co-op missions together.

1.12 comes with great variety of coop missions made by the community, so go for it.

And the download version of 1.12 comes with lite SF online activation that doesn't touch your optical drive, nor makes any mess in the system - what you heard about SF is just an ugly rumour

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

1.12 comes with great variety of coop missions made by the community, so go for it.

And the download version of 1.12 comes with lite SF online activation that doesn't touch your optical drive, nor makes any mess in the system - what you heard about SF is just an ugly rumour

OK, I think you have convinced me...

Not sure about this, but, if you are using a router, foward the port 10308 BOTH TCP and UDP, only TCP should be needed but when i first tried hosting an online game i seems to recall experiencing similar problems.

Hope it helps. :)

IIRC, 10308 was set using Single Port Forwarding, which on my router means either TCP or UDP. I'll try changing it to Port Range Forwarding which will allow me to forward for both protocols.

I'll try tonight, if I get the chance.

Is it a Linksys? On mine is just the same, and i had to change to port range fowarding too. Anyway, i experienced problems with my old D-Link router, after changing to the new one i didn't tested reverting to TCP only so i don't know if was just related to my old router or was related to Lock On. :)