Convert miz file to better readable format - unitlist to calc excel/open/libre office

ZlinMan

Hi, is there any tool to convert some information of a mission file to a better readable format? I would like to convert the unit list relevant data of the .miz file to a calc document, e.g. excel / open / libre office file. To get an overview or find errors in a complex mission the mission editor is very uncomfortable - or - to be honest - very bad...

If not - anyone is interested to code such utility? First with a very reduced set of information/fields/data, later it could grow step by step if useful. Yes - I would like to do it myself but I cant really...! But I would like to help if I can contribute something.

Thanks for information and/or help!

Waiting for the return of: -TLP- -True LAN Play- Multiplayer without permanent internet connection to ED master-server. Plane wishlist: Antonov - AN-2

You can copy a mission file and then unzip it with winrar or 7zip or something like that if you want to look at the contents, but don't do it with your only copy of a .miz file because once you extract it, it cannot be re-zipped and used as such. It IS possible to use a program like 7zip to look at or replace files within the .miz folder by opening the archive without unzipping it, but once you extract it it is corrupted as far as the game is concerned.

There used to be a fantastic Mission Editor enhancement, programmed by @ajax

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/dcs-world-topics/mods-and-apps/dcs-mods/124396-me-mods

One of its abilities was printing a unit list onto the DCS Log, which included unit info, coalition, country, group name, skin, etc.

Unfortunately, it does not work on the current version of DCS :( ... I miss it so much.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB