[REPORTED]JFS accumulators don't deplete

F16FLCS-SME

Are the JFS accumulators modeled properly?

If I start the JFS with START2, wait few seconds and shut it off, I believe it should deplete the JFS accumulators because RPM does not reach 10% which is the minimum for HYD B to recharge them.

I am able to do this many times and the JFS always starts.

How many start attempts can be done before requiring to use the hand pump?

Are the JFS accumulators modeled properly?

If I start the JFS with START2, wait few seconds and shut it off, I believe it should deplete the JFS accumulators because RPM does not reach 10% which is the minimum for HYD B to recharge them.

I am able to do this many times and the JFS always starts.

How many start attempts can be done before requiring to use the hand pump?

Just to correct, the brake/JFS accumulators will recharge (provided HYD B pressure is available) when the engine accelerates through 12 percent RPM, not 10. They use about 40-60 seconds to recharge. Keep in mind that the JFS uses about 17 seconds to spool down from full JFS governed rpm, meaning that you should wait a bit before re-engaging the JFS. The brake/JFS accumulators should be mostly depleted after a start attempt, meaning that you're unable to perform multiple JFS starts without recharging the brake/JFS accumulators. If DCS's JFS logic strays with what I mentioned i recommend you to post a bug report on it. Have a safe flight!

• Like 1

As a reference to this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-f-16c-viper/7154831-jfs-accumulators

Cold and dark

1. Start the JFS to START 2.

2. Wait few seconds.

3. Before RPM reaches 10%, shut down the JFS.

4. Wait for RPM to reach zero and no JFS sound.

Repeat several times.

It seems JFS accumulators do not deplete after several unsuccessful start attemps.

According to -1:

During a ground engine start, the brake/JFS accumulators begin to recharge after the engine accelerates through 12 percent rpm.

• ED Team

Please include a track replay when reporting issues, and any ref material you have, if it breaks our forum rule please PM me.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 year later...
  • ED Team

Fixed, for future testing wait about 30sec after JFS doors closed to ensure that JFS has stopped.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2