MFCD Color Weapon Box White or Green ?

shahin_sky

Hi   and sorry for my English

I'm still in the learning process of this aircraft   A-10 C , and there's one thing that's bugging me.

when I want to Use for example  MK-82    or    AGM-65      or  etc    -----  Master Arm is ON  ------  and  I can see   CCIP  on HUD and  CCIP  MK-82 SGL N/T ( for example )    in Green Color  In the Center of the MFCD some times when I select  for example MK-82  the Box  is green   and some times  is  white   but in both situation and Both  white or green  Color  I can Drop the bomb or  Fire the  AGM-65  Or etc .

So  what,s  difference between when the box  is green and when the box is white color ???? 

I really appreciate your help

Thanks   

MFCD 1.jpg

MFCD 2.jpg

Edited by shahin_sky

Hi

I studied  both A-10 C   and A-10 C 2  page 529 -531  but I cant find my answer  would u explain . master Arm is on but the box for MK-82 some times is white some times  is Green and I can drop in both situation .    I,m not talking about the box in middle of MFCD  WPNS OFF  Green  or White .

thanks

The white box is an indication that the weapon is ready but has to current target or there is no more ordinance on that station. For the AGM-65's you will have a white box until a target is tracking with the maverick seeker, then the box will turn green when it is tracking and ready to fire. For the Mk-82's and other bombs the box should be green indicating that it is ready to drop and will only turn white when the bomb is in the process of coming off the rack. When there is a solid white box with bombs it means that that station is selected but there is no more ordinance on that rack.

I don't think this is in the manual and this is just my guess, but i believe that the box turns white when you release a bomb on a rack with multiple bombs on that rack. It changes color because the aircrafts system is switching to the next bomb on the rack until there is no more ordinance left

Hope this helps

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

16 hours ago, SilentGun said:

The white box is an indication that the weapon is ready but has to current target or there is no more ordinance on that station. For the AGM-65's you will have a white box until a target is tracking with the maverick seeker, then the box will turn green when it is tracking and ready to fire. For the Mk-82's and other bombs the box should be green indicating that it is ready to drop and will only turn white when the bomb is in the process of coming off the rack. When there is a solid white box with bombs it means that that station is selected but there is no more ordinance on that rack.

I don't think this is in the manual and this is just my guess, but i believe that the box turns white when you release a bomb on a rack with multiple bombs on that rack. It changes color because the aircrafts system is switching to the next bomb on the rack until there is no more ordinance left

Hope this helps

Hi   thanks for your help about  AGM-65 you are right at the first the box is white and after lock it will be green  but about MK-82  ( master arm is arm ) u have 3 bomb on rack  . when u select that box   some times the box is white  and some times  is green .

I don,t know why ?

plz help me   and thanks again

Edited by shahin_sky

White is selected

Green is selected and ready

Blue is selected and training ready

Ready requires master arm or training for green/blue. If master safe then everything will only be white (selected). I can't manage to get a mix of white and green Mk 82s at the same time. Can you give a track of this happening?