[CORRECT AS-IS] CCIP Bugged?

Stearmandriver

6 hours ago, Gripes323 said:

Has anyone seen this in SP and if yes, were these ED missions/campaigns? 

Yes, I have tested with the included missions for the Hornet for unguided bombing both in Caucasus and Persian Gulf with the same result.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Basicly INS drift seems to mess up the bomb cross. If you try to do any kind of INS update you're screwed if you use INS/AINS. It seems like the bomb cross is somehow tied to ground coordinates and not the vv as I suppose it should be.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Sounds weird to me. CCIP is based on INS velocities, vertical height, and attitude only (OK and accelerations too but assume those aren't too different for a drifted alignment). 3nm/h drift rate, which is a bad INS condition, is 5 fps. We're seeing "slanted PBIL" which means a left-to-right INS velocity error. Attitude should be pretty good in INS because gravity vector is constantly corrected. For a 15s drop that's an error of 45' which is a smaller error than people are seeing.

Dellepude is probably on to something. It could be that CCIP algorithm is finding true impact position and HUD is displaying from drifted assumed position which would give a disconnect in displayed pipper point of thousands and thousands of feet. That's a much bigger artifact and not something that would show up in a real airplane because that's not how CCIP would be calculated outside of a computer environment.