Question Thrustmaster F16 Stick

I have a X52 but the stick is not working properly one of the hat buttons is constantly giving an input. I’ve tried a few things, reinstall drives, DCS but nothing worked so I’m looking to buy a new stick.

But I got a few questions

Would it be possible for me to keep the throttle form the X52 and use a TM F16 Stick plus the TM magnetic base ? Or do I need also to buy the TM Warthog throttle ?

Yes.  You can use the x52 throttle standalone, as well as the TM stick standalone.  They will show up as separate controllers, which is fine.

Intel 8700K, delidded at 5.1 ghz, Asrock z370 Extreme4, 32gb DDR4 3200, MSI Ventus RTX 3080, triple 1440p Dell s2716dg screens, VKB Gunfighter Mk.I, Virpil M50-CM2 throttle, MFG Crosswind pedals.

13 minutes ago, manashttu said:

Yes.  You can use the x52 throttle standalone, as well as the TM stick standalone.  They will show up as separate controllers, which is fine.

Thanks!

Since I don't have rudder pedals I can still control the rudder with TM F16 Stick, right ?

The TM Warthog stick (the magnetic base)---doesn't have twist.  

Candidly, if I were in the market for a stick to go with an x52 throttle (which is a good throttle)--I'd be looking at the VKB Gladiator line.  I have had little luck with Thrustmaster quality---specifically including the warthog stick.  The Gladiator is less expensive than the TM setup and, in my opinion, superior in quality to the TM unit.  The Gladiator has twist, a really nice grip, and lots of buttons and an extra axis.  

I have owned a TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator MK.II (used alongside an x52 throttle), and now a VKB Gunfighter.  I love the VKB sticks---wouldn't want the worry of what plastic connectors and internal parts will eventually or immediately randomly break on the TM.

Intel 8700K, delidded at 5.1 ghz, Asrock z370 Extreme4, 32gb DDR4 3200, MSI Ventus RTX 3080, triple 1440p Dell s2716dg screens, VKB Gunfighter Mk.I, Virpil M50-CM2 throttle, MFG Crosswind pedals.

I use the TM F-16 stick on a VKB Gunfighter base and a TM WH Throttle.  The TM Stick is of the Highest Quality but the base is not very good (IMHO owned 2). The VKB base is of supreme quality and sensitivity.

No probs with all being read.

21 hours ago, Neon_20 said:

Thanks!

Since I don't have rudder pedals I can still control the rudder with TM F16 Stick, right ?

Yes you can bind one of the buttons on the TM stick for rudders if you wish but yes the TM stick and base does not twist. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020