poor performance rtx 3080

lt_d4n

@lt_d4n Yes, even with shader cache disabled, I find there is a constant heartbeat microstutter.  I suspect it's DCS chatting with the SSD to dump track data, etc. as you fly along.  That would make sense if the shader cache is borked and causing disk thrashing.  It would be nice to turn off all that stuff for test purposes.

Update: you can turn off Track file recording by having an autoexec.cfg file with disable_write_track = true

With shader cache off, I disabled Displayport Compression 1.2 in my monitor, and dropped my resolution down to 2190x1080 (half my "native" resolution).  This gave me a big boost with FAST vsync, but then I tried it with vsync OFF.  If I was after 90 fps (especially VR users), I am thinking I would leave it off.  Yes, FAST vsync was smooth, but vsync OFF had higher FPS and was equally smooth if not better.  I would try these settings with both.  YMMV because my monitor can do 144hz.

I also made a nice discovery about Multi-frame AA (MFAA).  This is an advanced feature that works with DCS.  It gives you the equivalent of MSAA x8 at the cost of MSAA x4.  I believe these are the highest quality AND the highest FPS and least stuttering that I can get with my 1080Ti.  I hope one more round will get you there.

No Vsync MFAA Settings.png

MFAA no vsync.PNG

Screen_201221_120421.png

Edited by glide
typo

• 1 month later...

I use a similar setup with a 3080....

but my GPU load is always around 98-100% when not frame-limited. That is for DCS AND Cyberpunk.

Also I‘m running both on 4K and easily get above 100 FPS in DCS with decent settings.

Not using Tacview or anything. Only Trackir.

My only problem is microstuttering which is annoying but I was unable to figure out how to get rid of it till now....

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"