just updated to latest version and now it says this 'unseen error' in my lua code: attempt to index field 'Airbase' (a nil value)

Lineaxe

Well I played the mission for hours last night with no problem. I update today and now I get the following error.

attempt to index field 'Airbase' (a nil value)

Now, the line(s) that it refers to has always worked ,there is no syntax error and the code ran for almost a month now.   I have no idea what to do to fix this . it also does not display any trigger statements anymore and so on. 

trigger.action.outText will not display anything , I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact it can't find the AIRBASE table anymore.  I really could use some help getting this fixed!!!

There is a 

trigger.action.outText line I that sent in the post I started. In the mission file I wrote and tested for over 9 months ,It is the top line of the code and it does not work anymore at all and neither does the rest of the code. Very frustrating , and especially no way for me to figure out why this happened after I did the latest update. So looks like over xmas we won't be playing. Like I mentioned , very frustrating after all that work and time spent coding. and All of it was difficult to do because there are no resources to go to when stuff like this happens. 

32 minutes ago, Lineaxe said:

There is a 

trigger.action.outText line I that sent in the post I started

thats not the code.

this says nothing about the problem. post the code that touches the airbase field.

do you want to be helped or not?

34 minutes ago, Lineaxe said:

,It is the top line of the code and it does not work anymore at all and neither does the rest of the code

also, once an error pops out, the rest of the script will not be executed anymore.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

THANK YOU for your quick replies & intesest in this . If needed I can supply more of the lua code , too much of it here would not be a good idea I think. 
 To make it more readable I will break this into sections.

here is the line of code which ran without error since April 2020 and that now seems to flag an error in the dsclog file : 

--------------------------------

A2ADispatcherRd:SetSquadron( "Al Minhad AB Squadron1", AIRBASE.PersianGulf.Al_Minhad_AB, { "MigMoo" }, 200 ) -- 200 aircraft max

here is the dcslog debug lines relevant to the problem it reports:

2020-12-20 11:06:37.658 ERROR   SCRIPTING: Mission script error: [string "C:\Users\jimru\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis000048F9.lua"]:115460: attempt to index field 'Airbase' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    [C]: ?
    [string "C:\Users\jimru\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis000048F9.lua"]:115460: in function 'SetSquadron'
    [string "C:\Users\jimru\Documents\LUA TOOLS\workspace\My_Missions\ChopU\main.lua"]:143: in function 'setupRedSquadranAirDefense'
    [string "C:\Users\jimru\Documents\LUA TOOLS\workspace\My_Missions\ChopU\main.lua"]:80: in function 'createRndRedTanks'
    [string "C:\Users\jimru\Documents\LUA TOOLS\workspace\My_Missions\ChopU\main.lua"]:861: in main chunk
    [string "assert(loadfile("C:\\Users\\jimru\\Documents\\LUA TOOLS\\workspace\\My_Missions\\ChopU\\main.lua"))()"]:1: in main chunk

No idea what stopped it from working . I tested the mission the night before for hours.   

Edited by Lineaxe

According to recent announcement on the Moose discord the airbases on the Persian Gulf have had their names updated. Could it be in your code you now need to change references to your afb.

Quote from Discord

funkyfranky18/12/2020
@everyone In yesterday's DCS OB update, quite a few airbase names in the Persian Gulf map changed. That breaks your existing missions if you refer to one of those airbases as simple string or use the AIRBASE.PersianGulf.<Airbase Name> enumerators.

The enums have just been updated in the Moose master and develop branches - thanks @[GR] Ironwulf.

What do I need to do?

- If you use the enums, e.g. AIRBASE.PersianGulf.Jiroft_Airport, you can simple include the latest Moose.lua and your missions will work again.

- If you refer to the airbase name by a simple string, e.g. "Jiroft Airport", you need to change that to "Jiroft" as this is now the name. (Or you start using the enums as destribed above.)

[13:06]

unknown.png

Edited by Iceviper

Hey, you guys are good . Right now I am coding away in C++ in another project and really don't have spare time at the moment to try and figure all the kind of stuff out. I am off to get the latest moose ..

(do mooses go moo I have often wondered?)

Thanks for your quick help , I thot I was a goner this xmas for any playing of the mission !

I  downloaded latest moose and tested it out after installing it . Seems the naming problem persists. I will look into the other method I guess but that would change the way moose demo missions work. So, kinda confused , but I am ON THE PATH agin ... 🙂

• 1 month later...

There's a new moose out so might want to try the new version in your mission in case you didn't manage to fix your issue.

-----------------------------------------------@everyone Time to release MOOSE v2.5.3

DOWNLOAD https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE/releases/tag/v2.5.3

Many improvements and fixed issues. Thanks for your contribution slight_smile

AIRBASE
* Updated AIRBASE.PersianGulf enum airbase names after ED decided to change them.

AIRBOSS
* Added USS Harry S. Truman (CVN-75) as supported supercarrier module
* Added HB F-14A

MANTIS
- New WIP class to control a network of SAM sites by @Applevangelist
- Docs https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS/Documentation/Functional.Mantis.html

AI_CARGO_SHIP and AI_CARGO_DISPATCHER_SHIP
- New classes which add cargo transportation via ship by@acrojason
- Docs https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS/Documentation/AI.AI_Cargo_Ship.html
- Docs https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS/Documentation/AI.AI_Cargo_Dispatcher_Ship.html

If you find an issue where you are confident that it is a MOOSE bug (not a DCS bug or a user error), the best place to report it, is the github issues page https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE/issues

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk