Latest OB and DM 2.5.6.59398

SmirkingGerbil

Fantastic!!! Not sure if I came across any unusual behavior, but noticed and played around with the following:

Cowling Buffet! Yeah you really need to use those only when warranted.

Dive flaps! Even with on, I went into a steep dive from 8K and when I pulled out after bomb drop I either:

1. Got caught in bomb blast and my wing tips disintegrated.
  2. G forces ripped off my wingtips.

Engine management (water temps) seems to need a bit more tweaking.

Holy crow! Engine damage leads to sputtering and missing, oil and water streams spew out separately and Water Injection slowly decreases in efficacy but continues to make power (while decreasing) until drained.

Stippling and peel back of skin from bullet impacts seems much more pronounced!

So far, just another amazing OB drop, and the new models in ME look stunning.

Screen_201217_162152.png

Edited by SmirkingGerbil
syntax
  • Thanks 1

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Well, I think the new FM and engine improvements made a whole world of difference.

Now I can go toe to toe with a FW 190-A8 without getting behind or losing speed. 

Also, it is much more stable and the damage model is great.

Andi, finally, I think ED tweaked the guns, they seem much more powerful now.

• Like 1

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

On 12/18/2020 at 12:35 PM, SmirkingGerbil said:

Fantastic!!! Not sure if I came across any unusual behavior, but noticed and played around with the following:

Cowling Buffet! Yeah you really need to use those only when warranted.

Dive flaps! Even with on, I went into a steep dive from 8K and when I pulled out after bomb drop I either:

1. Got caught in bomb blast and my wing tips disintegrated.
  2. G forces ripped off my wingtips.

Engine management (water temps) seems to need a bit more tweaking.

Holy crow! Engine damage leads to sputtering and missing, oil and water streams spew out separately and Water Injection slowly decreases in efficacy but continues to make power (while decreasing) until drained.

Stippling and peel back of skin from bullet impacts seems much more pronounced!

So far, just another amazing OB drop, and the new models in ME look stunning.

Screen_201217_162152.png

I just bought this, how to the cow flaps work in terms of flying it and the dive flaps?

Edited by Dav IRL

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Hum!Hum! nice work isn'it?
But a little thing is disturb.Why we are loosing so easyly the rudder without any damage?

And when i say rudder it's all the vertical tail.
I don't remember that the poor P47D was so brittle?
Hey:) ED are you sure of that?

Edited by cromhunt

16 hours ago, cromhunt said:

But a little thing is disturb.Why we are loosing so easyly the rudder without any damage?

Close your cowl flaps before passing 225mph

• Like 1

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Voyager - bad habits! My bad.

Carryover from my A-10C - I deploy them just to slow things down - but of course for all the wrong reasons.

I need to stop doing this, and thanks for pointing out.

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

@SmirkingGerbil

On the dive recovery flaps, those are there to support recovery from getting into compressability. They are not drive brakes or intended for dive bombing. You might simply be coming in too steep and to fast and mushing into the blast radius. 

On 12/19/2020 at 5:34 PM, cromhunt said:

I haven't really noticed easy rudder damage - but I have noticed bearing, and overheating damage if I don't pay attention to the temp gauges, which is a must, because I will lock the turbo with the throttle, and use the Water Injection off and on.

Overall still very happy with the outcome and the latest updates . . . but that is not to say I am missing some things others might observe or pick up on.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).