Any experience with this setup - and also tax question

golani79

Hey guys - I am thinking about getting the following stuff:

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base

VPC Desk Mount V3 - S

Does anyone have any experience which could be shared with this specific setup? Pros / Cons ..

I´d like to use the stick for western and eastern style planes - so functionality on the stick --> will it be enough in regards of hats / buttons / ... ?

At the moment I´m using a FFB2 with an X-55 throttle (planning to replace the throttle in the future with a CM3 from Virpil)

Also - I´m living in Austria and the store gives me a tax approximation of ~105€ .. how accurate is it.

Any experiences on this front? Do I need to worry to make up for any differences or is it calculated accurately when the shipping address is filled in?

Thanks in advance!

I've got the VPC WarBRD base and I'm using it with a TM Warthog stick. The base is a mechanical beauty. :biggrin:

I can't say anything about the Mongoos, but the tax was correctly calculated when I filled the shipping address in. Handling & shipping to Germany was € 17.95 and the tax was at 21%.

I'm very happy with the base. Really good quality.

D56_0092_005.JPG

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I have the T50CM2 with Realsimulator F-18 grip and 30cm extension (10cm straight, 20 cm S-type) for center stick, as well as the WarBRD with Warthog grip for sidestick. Both bases are great and i can highly recommend both, but honestly wouldn't operate the T50 without extension. The WarBRD base is meant for desk use and has about the same axis deflection as the TM Warthog has, while the T50 is meant for center stick use and has about, i don't know, maybe 50-60% of the WarBRD base axis deflection. Also be aware that the T50 is not suited for desk use and does not come with a baseplate. 

Virpil adds 21% VAT for shipments into the EU. Means 21% of the overall shipment value, wich includes shipping costs.

Cheers

Edited by VpR81

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus + F-15EX / 4x TM Cougar MFD / Slaw Device RX Viper V3 / HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, golani79 said:

Thanks guys!

@VpR81

Do you think the VPC Desk Mount V3 - L would be a better option combined with the 200mm extension?

Can´t seem to finde measurements of the Desk Mount so I´m not sure which extension would be suitable.

Lots of CAD drawings and dimensions from Virpil products over here:

http://www.havoc-company.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1386

T2qowOg.png

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 10 months later...