Changing server/mission message font sizes in VR?

Deano87

Hey all.

Is there any .lua file I can edit to change that size of these server messages. I fly on Blue Flag and the constant alerts take up a HUGE portion of my vision for a lot of the time. Can anybody help?

Please save me from the walls of text!!!

Screen_201227_205414.png

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• Deano87 changed the title to Changing server/mission message font sizes in VR?

First things first, Thanks for that Nealius! Works just about perfectly!

13 minutes ago, Dangerzone said:

Nice. Does that mod break the Integrity Check though on multiplayer servers? (I'm interested in the same - reducing the text size too - in VR it smashes the whole screen).

Also should it be dropped in the Saved Games scripts directory, or the actual game file dir?

Doesn't seem to, i've been using it all evening in Blue flag and it works great! It has to be installed within the scripts/UI folder in the actual game dir, so you can either reinstall it after ever update manualy or set up some kind of mod manager like OVGME of JSGME.

I actually edited it a bit, the font size in the included file was size 12, Its a huge improvment but still a bit big for me, so I opened it in Notepad and searched for each occurance of "fontsize" and changed it to 10 instead which is about perfect for me. You could even go as lower if you had a better headset i guess.

• Thanks 1

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 1 month later...
En 31/12/2020 a las 2:36, Deano87 dijo:

Lo primero es lo primero, ¡Gracias por eso, Nealius! ¡Funciona casi perfectamente!

No parece, lo he estado usando toda la noche en bandera azul y funciona muy bien. Debe instalarse dentro de la carpeta scripts / UI en el directorio del juego real, por lo que puede reinstalarlo después de actualizarlo manualmente o configurar algún tipo de administrador de mods como OVGME de JSGME.

De hecho, lo edité un poco, el tamaño de fuente en el archivo incluido era el tamaño 12, es una gran mejora pero todavía un poco grande para mí, así que lo abrí en el Bloc de notas y busqué cada aparición de "tamaño de fuente" y lo cambié a 10 en cambio, que es perfecto para mí. Incluso podría bajar más si tuviera un mejor auricular, supongo.

Hello, I have the same problem with the text box, you can pass me the mod since it is no longer there. I would appreciate it is impossible for me to play online.