MFG Crosswind COMBAT PEDALS and HYDRAULIC DAMPER MOD

hegykc

Hi everyone,

I just installed this mod and I must say it really allows for a higher customization degree on the MFG's, and  the combat pedals make it much easier and more precise to use.

Now I am on the verge of installing the piggyback dampers on the pedals and would like to ask you guys which viscosity you recommend for the oil.

I mean, of course any oil will do but i'd like to know if you guys experimented with thicker vs thinner oil to check the difference.

I'd rather have a more hydraulic feel here as well and maybe a thinner oil makes it less noticeable.

Thank you in advance

Edited by bdromeira

i5-9400F | GTX 1660Ti | 16gb RAM | 500gb SSD | TrackHat | TM 1600M Hotas + Pedals

No recommendation yet, waiting on some ebay oils to arrive, so I can compare them with thicker engine oil. BUT don't expect miracles. It might be a 10% improvement.

I only put the mounting holes for the brakes shocks because the hardware was already there, so it was only 2 extra holes, so I thought why not.

This is the processes if it hasn't been posted yet:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I would just use mineral oil.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

• 4 months later...
On 1/5/2021 at 1:24 PM, hegykc said:

I developed combat style foot rests for MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, which allow for a much more precise 'heel on the floor' control. After 6 months of re-design and improvement, they now fit all kinds of different requests, high angles, low angles, high position, low position, wide or narrow... my testers didn't go easy on me.

They come with re-enforcement mounting plates, braking spring adjusters, new tension wheel, are adjustable in width and height, and even damper mounts for main axis and brake damping:

Front-45.jpg

Back-45.jpg

You can get them on my webshop for 75$:

https://www.replikagear.com/

Hi,
Where is your sale page for the dumpers?... seems you took it down
thanks

Edited by ron533

Callsign   SETUP