ejection effect idea

erikN

What if you could view the ejection sequence in first person! That would be awesome. Like when you press ctrl + E three times it doesn't change to the third person camera but you stick with the cockpit camera and follows the ejection seat all the way up and out of the aircraft.

Is there any simwhere you can do this? I think that would be an awesome effect in lomac :)

gripen_sig.jpg

Well, It was implemented in original Flanker or in Flanker 1.5, but I think it is not possible in LOMAC due to the engine... there was discussion about this long ago... But I'm not sure...

However don't fret, ejection sequence in 1.1 became much better, and has a proper animation now... It's not as spectaculat sequence as in RL, but still makes atmosphere better... And the pilot body remains on the surface now, it doesn't just deisppear... Even if ejection was unsecessful :wink: (De ja woo... IL-2...)

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

Yes, the ejection from the first person would be very interesting.

^^ In a real ejection you're also scared shitless. Can ED emulate this too?
IMHO yes, when the smell generator will be invented. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Коричневые очки никогда не поранят мозг. Они небьющиеся.

Brown-coloured spectacles will never harm a brain. They are unbreakable. (с) Me

сфсвсг

I'm the future of the Russian government.

According to Scott Lofgren,

Bentley Systems global director.

This was simulated in Strike Commander. It was da bomb.

Ahhhh Strike Commander, so many childhood memories. Yeah it was 1st person for the initial phase then cut to 3rd person.

BIOLOG, in what way would the engine affect a 1st person ejection? It's all a 3d world and 3d cockpits, I would've thought it'd be very possible.

And Dammerung, yeah the pilot black out would have to be included too. This whole first person ejection would be very, very cool. I'd love to see it implemented if it's remotely possible for the future. If a player wanted to see his pilot in external view they could press a 'view external' button. Or maybe have it as an option setting.

Perhaps I'm getting carried away...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back over the water...

Flight Lieutenant "Jaws"

169th Panthers