USB Devices Stop Working

tylero68

Hopped on for a flight this evening and ran into some issues. I tried to start an A-10C II training mission and as soon as I loaded in all the peripherals of my computer took a dump. I'm talking mouse, keyboard, headset, VR headset, the lot. Rebooted my computer. Flew JF17 free flight just fine. Went to fire up the P47 Free Flight on Channel Map and the same thing happened. All usb devices just stopped. Is there a power issue somewhere? The build of my current rig is relatively new. Less than 3 weeks for all the parts together. Build is as follows: 

Ryzen 7 5800x (new)

Gigabyte B550 Aorus Master (new)

MSI Ventus OC 3080 (new)

32 GB 3200mhz G.Skill (from previous build)

WD Black NVME SSD for OS (new)

Game is operating from WD Blue SATA SSD (from previous build)

EVGA G3 750w PSU. (from previous build)

Unfortunately swapping all these parts at once makes it a bit difficult to diagnose. I do not have issues with other games. That being said, I don't use VR for anything else. If anybody has any idea where to start, it would be much appreciated. 

3700x, MSI 3080 Ventus 3x OC, 32 GB 3200mhz RAM, Rift S or Track IR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Logitech Rudder Pedals

@Ironious is this the no_device_hotplug = true that you are talking about?  This was a fresh install of DCS and I did not re-make my autoexec from last install. I will do that and give it a shot

3700x, MSI 3080 Ventus 3x OC, 32 GB 3200mhz RAM, Rift S or Track IR, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Logitech Rudder Pedals

Yes, that is the file. It goes in your user profile folder so if you had it there before then it is probably still there. I know having that file eliminates frequent pausing or stuttering in the game for many. Since it is related to USB scans, worth a shot.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to bump this back up. Tried to get a few flights in the past couple days. I had issues with every flight. The other day all was working as expected but after about 30 minutes my VR headset goes black. It essentially turned off and back on again, but the image did not return to the headset. However, on the mirrored image on my monitor the headtracking continued to work. This morning I decided to give it another go. The first flight my audio through my headset (I plug earbuds into the VR headset jack) was stuttering. Eventually, the audio cutoff all together. I restarted and routed my sound through the headphone jack on my normal gaming headset this time around. This time, within a minute or two of spawning into the map my headset video cuts out again. 

This is getting to be super annoying. I feel like what I am having is a power issue somewhere. Could this be the problem? Would a PCI-E usb expansion help with it? 

• 2 weeks later...

I have uploaded log from last attempted flight. I am continuing to have VR issues. I have installed a PCI-E usb expansion card with hopes to fix my issues. It now seems a whole new set of issues have started. I now start up DCS and everything is fine. As soon as I load into mission I get a message from oculus that says "Something went wrong and your device cant track the movement of your head." This causes my tracking to go all wonky as it did people. I can turn and look around but the forward and backward movement takes the cockpit with me. 

dcs.log

Update: I found another post on here of someone with a similar issue where if you have a 3000 series gpu in a PCIE 4.0 slot, it causes some issues. As he recommended, I went into the BIOS and changed to PCIE Gen 3 and it seems to be working better. 

However, a new exciting issue has presented itself. Now when I switch cockpits, or even enter some cockpits for the first time. My throttle, keyboard, and stick all cease to work. Any ideas? When I alt+tab they all work fine. Seems to be DCS related. 

Log 

peripheral_log_3.txt