DCS_updater, can we limit the bandwidth?

Redglyph

Hello,

Many of the links of the updater thread are now broken and I can't find this info: is it possible to limit the download bandwidth of the updater? It's a huge amount of data (90 GB just for the base) and we are in lockdown, I can hardly use the whole bandwidth for hours since that prevents others from having remote sessions and calls, or even browsing.

I'm pretty sure I saw this option long ago but I don't find it back, and there isn't any command-line help apparently.

Thanks!

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

18 hours ago, c0ff said:

Not ATM.

I've noted the feature request.

Ah, I must have been confusing it with something else. Weird. Thanks for confirming!

17 hours ago, Flappie said:

@RedglyphIn the meantime, you can give TMeterFree a go (see "option three"), or maybe Traffic Shaper XP, or Speedlimiter.

Thanks for the pointers! I had already tried such a tool without much success, but I can have a look again. That should really be handled by the router, but it's not the case here.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2021 at 12:56 PM, Redglyph said:

Ah, I must have been confusing it with something else. Weird. Thanks for confirming!

Thanks for the pointers! I had already tried such a tool without much success, but I can have a look again. That should really be handled by the router, but it's not the case here.

You can also limit your pc in your router. Many new routers has a ton of options. 

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2021 at 10:14 PM, macedk said:

You can also limit your pc in your router. Many new routers has a ton of options. 

Not here unfortunately, the router is imposed by the Internet Provider.

Rgr, maybe talk to the isp and see if there is anything they can do. 🙂

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 3/21/2021 at 6:53 PM, macedk said:

Rgr, maybe talk to the isp and see if there is anything they can do. 🙂

Come on, let's be realistic, they don't care a bit about that.

I've checked other routers, not cheap ones, and that's not a usual functionality. Except for very expensive hardware like the one we use at work, which also manages VPN and where you can specify access policies.

Anyway, none of that solves the problem on the PC itself.

When a company imposes their own client to download gigantic amount of software and data, it should definitely have bandwidth control.