BUG LIST & Status Report - BUG报告表 [Update 2021.02.18]

JG54_NF2

English:

Hello Everyone,

I'm NF2, Main Mission Editor of the Rising Squall Campaign. Here we're going to release the bugs and questions list we've collected about the mission through various channels, as well as their feedback.

As this campaign adopts some innovative production methods, I am also worried about the problems caused by the changes of the game version. We expect to minimize the number of bugs in the campaign, and hope to eradicate the problem of "Stay at a some level and cannot continue the game", which often occurs in campaign of DCS.

We also recommend that you try various "possible" or "impossible" game methods to help us improve the "robust" of the missions. Please attach TRK files or TACVIEW files (highly recommended) when describing your problem, so that we can analyze the problem.

You can submit your problems to us through forum, email and other ways.

Thank you for choosing our campaign. And look forward to our future opus.

中文(概要):

如果你需要提交BUG,建议附上 TRK 或者 TACVIEW 文件(强烈推荐),以便我们可以追踪查询问题。

Date of collection
(收集日期)
Priority
(优先级)
Description
(问题描述)
Resolvent
(解决方案)
State
(状态)
2021/1/31 Improvement and optimization
(改进与优化)
M00: A change based on the future.
一个未来计划的改动
  Update by DCS 2.7 ver
(改进与优化)
Add "watch plot animation" tips for each Mission.
为每个任务增加一个观看动画的提示
  WIP
2021/1/31 No impact on the process
(不影响游戏流程)
M05: When the task is finished, a long conversation in Bishop has a conflicts.
任务结束时,Bishop 的一句长对话出现了冲突。
Need to adjust the conversation time
调整对话时间
Need Check
(改进与优化)
M07: When MIG-29 appears, a prompt needs to be added to show that the planes are not hostile.
当 Mig29 出现时,需要一个提示说明它们不是敌机。
  WIP
(改进与优化)
M07: It is suggested that the rhythm of the music be adjusted after the end of the air combat and reduce the tension.
建议在空战部分结束后降低音乐的紧张感。
Re-edit the music No Guarantee
(不影响游戏流程)
M09: The "mission success" tips is Chinese
英文版中任务结束提示为中文。
There are two duplicate Tips, one of which is wrong and remove.
有两个重复的提示,删除了其中一个错误的。
FIXED
OpenBeta 2.5.6.61527
(不影响游戏流程)
M06: It's too late for smoke signs and flares to appear at the target airport.
降落机场的烟雾和信号弹出现时机太迟
Adjust and shorten the trigger effective time.
调整了时间。
FIXED
OpenBeta 2.5.6.61527
(不影响游戏流程)
M09: When Reef's Convoy was destroyed, part of the follow-up plot still played, leading to dialogue conflict.
当 Reef 的车队被摧毁时,一些后续剧情对话仍然被激活,导致一些对话冲突。
Add the judgment of mission failure to prohibit the follow-up plot.
增加一个判定以便任务失败时不再推进剧情。
FIXED
OpenBeta 2.5.6.61527
2021/1/31 Frustrated with the game
(对任务产生挫折)
M04: When the mission is completed, landing to the carrier, it will accidentally activate a group of enemy aircraft that should not exist, leading to mission failure.
一组意外的飞机在降落航母时被激活,导致任务失败。
need to add a decision to avoid activating the problem planes after the player takes off.
增加一个判定以在起飞后不再激活那组问题飞机
FIXED
OpenBeta 2.5.6.61527
(改进与优化)
M11: Add Tips for way-point number of the base.
增加返回基地的导航点提示
  FIXED
OpenBeta 2.5.6.61527
(改进与优化)
M11: Add a Tips for remaining number of target bombers.
增加目标轰炸机剩余数量提示
  WIP
(不影响游戏流程)
M12: Conflict of "last warning" dialogue in Aegis-3.
主角的“上来就是最后一次警告”这句对话有冲突
Trigger conditions have been adjusted
调整对话时间
FIXED
OpenBeta 2.5.6.61527
(不影响游戏流程)
M12: Lose liveries for Aegis-2 “revolution”.
Aegis-2 在反叛后缺少涂装。
  FIXED
OpenBeta 2.5.6.61527
(不影响游戏流程)
VR perspective and TrackIR do not work properly in some missions.
VR 与 TrackIR 在某些任务中视角不正常。
It may have something to do with the Trk file of ED. Need confirmed.
推测是预录制动画的原因。
Update by DCS 2.7 ver
(改进与优化)
M05: The prompt of joining Aeigs1 formation at the beginning of the mission is not clear enough.
任务开始时需要与Aegis-1会合的提示不明确。
  FIXED
OpenBeta 2.5.6.61527
(不影响游戏流程)
VR binocular settings need to be turned on by default.
预录制动画需要打开VR的双眼渲染
  Update by DCS 2.7 ver
2021/2/1 No impact on the process(不影响游戏流程) M02: After the checkpoint is executed, the waypoint is different from the dialog.
检查点执行后的路径点名字与对话有差异
  Correct
2021/2/1 Improvement and optimization
(改进与优化)
M04: (and CP)Remove the gunboats around the CVN
移除航母周围的“炮艇”
Use invisible static objects instead
使用隐身物体
No Guarantee
2021/2/1 Frustrated with the game
(对任务产生挫折)
M04 NoSC: The wrong version of the game file causes the wingman not to follow the player in the task, and triggers the victory condition ahead of time.
检查点文件是错误的
Need to upload the latest file again.
重新更新了一次
FIXED
OpenBeta 2.5.6.61527
2021/2/1 No impact on the process
(不影响游戏流程)
M01: A dialogue for aegis-4 has been conflict
Aegis4 的一句对话冲突了
Change trigger timer
调整时间
FIXED
OpenBeta 2.5.6.61527
2021/2/2 Frustrated with the game
(对任务产生挫折)
M10: Miss BGM when push WP2
过 WP2 后丢失 BGM。
  FIXED
OpenBeta 2.5.6.61527
2021/2/2 No impact on the process
(不影响游戏流程)
M10: Task of Yard need more detailed tips
堆场任务目标提示增加
  FIXED
OpenBeta 2.5.6.61527
2021/2/2 Improvement and optimization
(改进与优化)
The function of custom label
定制标签功能
  Update by DCS 2.7 ver
(改进与优化)
M01: Increase the probability that the target will be displayed on the data link SA page
增加更大的概率让目标显示在SA页面上
Change location of AWACS.
预警机位置更靠前了
FIXED
OpenBeta 2.5.6.61527
(改进与优化)
M12: After adjusting the threat range of Chainmail flight, they will be more reasonable now.
Chainmail 机队的威慑范围被扩大了一些,让他们的反应更合理。
  FIXED
OpenBeta 2.5.6.61527
(改进与优化)
M06: Add checkpoint function before landing.
在降落前添加了一个检查点
  FIXED
OpenBeta 2.5.6.61527
2021/2/2 No impact on the process
(不影响游戏流程)
M03: No mission failure conditions.
丢失了任务失败的条件
  FIXED
OpenBeta 2.5.6.61527
(改进与优化)
M10: Reducing the interception probability of air defense system to missile
降低了导弹被拦截的概率
  FIXED
OpenBeta 2.5.6.61527

Edited by JG54_NF2

• JG54_NF2 changed the title to BUG LIST & Status Report - BUG报告表 [Update 2021.01.31]

Hi, slight discrepancy in mission 2 Guardian Angel.  After refuel and rejoin, lead Aegis 1 said to head to WP1 when in fact he was heading to WP2.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

2小时前,Supmua说:

Hi, slight discrepancy in mission 2 Guardian Angel.  After refuel and rejoin, lead Aegis 1 said to head to WP1 when in fact he was heading to WP2.

Yes, we know this problem. As checkpoint is an extra task, this causes the waypoint to be inconsistent with the conversation. I will try to solve this problem later. 🤨

• JG54_NF2 changed the title to BUG LIST & Status Report - BUG报告表 [Update 2021.02.01]

Hi and thanx for a great campaign!! The best so far I must say and own a lot of them. It´s so nice (for once) to get everything served and still have the complexity under the hood.

I have some small things to report(im flying in VR):

1. When you have crashed and it takes you to a checkpoint, full labels are on instead of dots(which I prefer)

2. Helmet sight is always  one eye instead of two(which I have choosen in the configuration of DCS)

3. The movies are in chinese, is that correct? and I must ask what are they for? they seem to not contribute at all to the feeling of this campaign. Let them instead tell what you have to read in the mission briefing instead. And not in cartoon format, it´s just silly for me. 😉

4. Text(picture) in briefings are not readble in VR (Rift cv1)

Also, as you seem to have contact with ED. Maybe they can make it possible to play movies in the mission briefing? Be able to start outside aircraft and walk to it would also increase the feeling in a campaign.

4 hours ago, johodg said:

Hi and thanx for a great campaign!! The best so far I must say and own a lot of them. It´s so nice (for once) to get everything served and still have the complexity under the hood.

I have some small things to report(im flying in VR):

1. When you have crashed and it takes you to a checkpoint, full labels are on instead of dots(which I prefer)

2. Helmet sight is always  one eye instead of two(which I have choosen in the configuration of DCS)

3. The movies are in chinese, is that correct? and I must ask what are they for? they seem to not contribute at all to the feeling of this campaign. Let them instead tell what you have to read in the mission briefing instead. And not in cartoon format, it´s just silly for me. 😉

4. Text(picture) in briefings are not readble in VR (Rift cv1)

Also, as you seem to have contact with ED. Maybe they can make it possible to play movies in the mission briefing? Be able to start outside aircraft and walk to it would also increase the feeling in a campaign.

Hey johodg, thank you so much for playing and your support. We appreciate the kind words.

For your questions:

1 and 2, we have just came to know that pre-recorded control will force the mission to accpet "special" and "game preferrence" settings. For these two, we have two solutions.

First, we will redo the pre-recorded controls in the March update patch and make sure special settings are set to the most popular preferrence - two eyes of JHMCS in this case.

Second, we will standardize a type of labels that allows for a better experience - not a cluster-fxxx but players are still able to see stuff if they choose to turn it on. This is more of a quality of life thing but we think it's important, thanks for the heads-up.

3. The visual novels are English subtitled. We had to do the English VOs over the internet due to COVID. However, the result came out poorly without live directoring and standardized recording devices - a nightmare for post production. There is much more acting in them than in-mission dialogues. They are the connecting dots between missions and helps you understand the story better if you were to watch them - much more than info in briefing. Understood about the style, it is the best we can do with the budget for now, we have also made dedicated music (not be Keiki) and sound effects for them, we think the quality is decent for a visual novel. The campaign is built to be very light weight, that is why we didn't include much text in briefings. 

4. For briefing pictures, you can zoom in with mousewheel. If not, you can always view the same info on kneeboard, which I personally think its easier.

We have been in communication with ED about the last, we have strong faith about the future.

Thanks!

FrankMT

INVERTED Ltd.

Ok good to know.

As for now the movies are just not "flying" for me. Very hard to enjoy when just reading(painstakingly long as it is a movie). No matter how I try to follow it is just not intressting and it´s hard to follow in game when you don´t recognize the voice as the english version is not in the movies(with full respect to problems with Covid).

I don´t wan´t more text I wan´t less, so maybe you missunderstod me a little bit. As you told me there is problems due Covid so nothing can be enhanged at the moment. But I suggest that you consider the mission briefing to be spoken(with dramatic voice and music) instead of reading. Maybe (before ED fix something) that can take place in the cockpit at start? If you get that right all text can be skipped(or at least you can choose not to read it) and that would be "heaven sent" for a VR user...

And speaking of VR, it does not matter if I zoom in on the picture it´s still not readable but never mind it doesn´t matter...

Also when talking about the movie I need to quit DCS to be able to watch them(just to be able to read english text) not very fun when you wan´t to just continue... I have looked at them after finishing some missions(0-6) and I still can´t folllow the story very well and I don´t feel any conection with the characters despite doing so (to some extend) in cockpit. 

I think you are on the completly right track with these very complicated (constructionwise), very fine tuned and entartaining missions. Also having a story(although Im not fond of this particular one) is also very good idea wise. The way that you use the assets and availble maps is just brilliant(I´ve seen things and places I can´t recall to have seen before in missions). Even AI (for some unexplained reason) feels more intellegent. So I really hope that you will get the expected ROI so can do another one. 🙂

41 minutes ago, johodg said:

Ok good to know.

As for now the movies are just not "flying" for me. Very hard to enjoy when just reading(painstakingly long as it is a movie). No matter how I try to follow it is just not intressting and it´s hard to follow in game when you don´t recognize the voice as the english version is not in the movies(with full respect to problems with Covid).

I don´t wan´t more text I wan´t less, so maybe you missunderstod me a little bit. As you told me there is problems due Covid so nothing can be enhanged at the moment. But I suggest that you consider the mission briefing to be spoken(with dramatic voice and music) instead of reading. Maybe (before ED fix something) that can take place in the cockpit at start? If you get that right all text can be skipped(or at least you can choose not to read it) and that would be "heaven sent" for a VR user...

And speaking of VR, it does not matter if I zoom in on the picture it´s still not readable but never mind it doesn´t matter...

Also when talking about the movie I need to quit DCS to be able to watch them(just to be able to read english text) not very fun when you wan´t to just continue... I have looked at them after finishing some missions(0-6) and I still can´t folllow the story very well and I don´t feel any conection with the characters despite doing so (to some extend) in cockpit. 

I think you are on the completly right track with these very complicated (constructionwise), very fine tuned and entartaining missions. Also having a story(although Im not fond of this particular one) is also very good idea wise. The way that you use the assets and availble maps is just brilliant(I´ve seen things and places I can´t recall to have seen before in missions). Even AI (for some unexplained reason) feels more intellegent. So I really hope that you will get the expected ROI so can do another one. 🙂

Thank so very much for the kind words. We are very glad that players are appreicating the amount of work put into them :D.

We want to implement videos in-game as well, if it ever become available to us (we think it will, not far in the future) we might as well do a "tactical map type of briefing" on top of the cut-scenes.

Will take into suggestions on briefing pictures in the future and alter the format a bit in future projects (if DCS UI remains as it is now). 

We will keep searching for methods of story telling. 

Thanks for your support! Your vote from wallet is helping us achieving that goal. We will have 100% plowback ratio for these projects, but we do need it to at least break-even at the end of the day. 

Mission 6

Flew it twice and both times had CTDs,

First time after using the four AGM65Es successfully

Second time after using the four AGM65Es successfully and using guns to kill the remaining helicopter.

Missions 1 to 5 were all solid.

Thanks

23分钟前,BrzI说:

Mission 6

Flew it twice and both times had CTDs,

First time after using the four AGM65Es successfully

Second time after using the four AGM65Es successfully and using guns to kill the remaining helicopter.

Missions 1 to 5 were all solid.

Thanks

Conflict to Dialogue?

2021/2/1 AM6点19分,Supmua说:

Hi,@Supmua

II've checked this problem. At present, the player's WP point name is correct. Can you take a screenshot and tell me which WP point or unit it is?

Maybe it's fixed, but it hasn't been updated. Or some other reason, let me know.

😉

39 minutes ago, BrzI said:

And another CTD. This one going from F10 to F1 view...while circling over waypoint 2.

Hi Brzl,

Do you play DCS on a SSD? If no, it might be a loading issue.

If yes, please keep in mind that because of the way we did the missions, there is always a chance of minor CTDs to happen depending on your actions - it's like when you hit a car in GTA, characters stop talking. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BrzI said:

I play on SSD. But i managed to get through the mission eventually.

I do not do GTA 🙂 too old for that.

hahaha lmao, what I meant was any "open-world" RPG game. We will check anyway to fix any in the next patch. Many thanks for the feedback!

• JG54_NF2 changed the title to BUG LIST & Status Report - BUG报告表 [Update 2021.02.18]
  • FrankMT pinned and featured this topic
  • 9 months later...

My mapping is not working proper within Rising Squall.
E.G. I´ve mapped the fingerlifts for toggling afterburner. This is ignored.

Setting "Hand off" for HARM Missiles using the cage/uncage button does not work in the campain but in any other mission.

2021/12/25 PM6点43分,xfirf说:

My mapping is not working proper within Rising Squall.
E.G. I´ve mapped the fingerlifts for toggling afterburner. This is ignored.

Setting "Hand off" for HARM Missiles using the cage/uncage button does not work in the campain but in any other mission.

Hi, I didn't find what you said. Can you provide a Trk file for your operation? I need to recreate this state. thanks.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb JG54_NF2:

Hi, I didn't find what you said. Can you provide a Trk file for your operation? I need to recreate this state. thanks.

Sorry I forgot the update here: HARM´s are working now. I was too close to the target already to fire the missile.