GV5Js Datacard Generator

raus

Do you have a Discord channel or other form of communication to give feedback, report bugs or make suggestions? 
Or do we make suggestions in this forum?
Every time I spend using your program, it seems to me that it gets better.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 5:20 AM, Shrike88 said:

Can I please request an update for the option to change the font also please use the HH.MM.SSS format for the F-16, not 4 digit .ssss

Thanks 

Font change is quite involved, the way it is done right now. I don‘t rule it out, eventually, but I will have to find the time for it. Sadly not too much time right now. 

eegarding the coordinates, I do not see the issue. If you hve one figure too many for the seconds, you can easily cut it and round, right?

25 minutes ago, YbuQc said:

Amazing tool !

Would it be possible to add the M2000 procedures in the checklists tab ?

Sure. I will be adding checklists progressively. But I have to validate them first and then put in the common format. If you habe some suggestion to be used as guideline for the M2000, just link me to it 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/30/2022 at 12:16 PM, raus said:

[...]

Sure. I will be adding checklists progressively. But I have to validate them first and then put in the common format. If you habe some suggestion to be used as guideline for the M2000, just link me to it 👍🏻

Request sent to Razbam as their manual is really good and contains all the checklists (Section 27-2).

On 11/2/2022 at 6:22 PM, YbuQc said:

Request sent to Razbam as their manual is really good and contains all the checklists (Section 27-2).

And here is Razbam answer from RAZBAM_Helljumper (community manager)on Discord's channel:

Yeah
But the Mirage manual checklist are not 100% up to date

So it's a go for a first version.

The manual is within the DCS M2000 directories or here v2.2.0

Edited by YbuQc
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New version available!! (v1.6.2)

Although I could not spend time in completing checklists, I hope the new incoming feature will be worth it 🙂 

From now on, it is possible to work in a complete Package mode, with common Commcard, Coordination, Notes... but up to 5 different Mission Datacards, that can be temporarily stored (same session), and recalled, to complete. Also an auto-update function will take care (hopefully) of updating TACAN, TOT and Laser codes for the different flights in the package.

This will probably need some time until it is fine tuned, but so far it is working pretty well in my limited tests. I will try to record a couple videos and upload them, to show the intended behavior.

Enjoy!

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi GV.

I was wondering if you could include a loadout page please, if that's possible.

I noticed that some of the airfield frequencies are slightly different when the mission is imported. For example Larnaca is 251.900 on the map, but imported to the datacard as 251.850. I wondered why that ws.

Thanks for the prog. Brilliant aid to missions.

Clifton

• Thanks 1

Fingers Crossed for a font change or at least a font option.  Tried changing on my own, you were right.  Baked in.  Also the ability to run .XXX decimas for the viper.  Less is not useful for DPMI and more is too cluttered and difficult to read in the boxes with the font.  

Keep up the great work ! 

3 hours ago, Clifton19 said:

I was wondering if you could include a loadout page please, if that's possible.

Has been on the works for some time now. Whenever I gind the time/energy to extract all IDs gor each store, it will be in. For the time being only the (aim-120, sparrow, sidewinder, cannon) format for AA. But it will come 🙂

49 minutes ago, Shrike88 said:

Fingers Crossed for a font change or at least a font option.  Tried changing on my own, you were right

Indeed, the way I did it first means that I would need to calculate an offset for each new allowed font, so they line up. And if I am including them, they have to be free IP…

So Kind of upsetting it didnt save any of the typed in or edited waypoints I created or manually typed in after loading a .miz file.

Loaded a miz. Then added some more data and changed some things on the card.  Added some extra waypoints and names etc. - SAVED - as a 5js file

Loaded my .5js file and none of my waypoint changes and free text typing was captured ? What gives ? 

Seems will only save if I start from a blank template.  Kind of disappointing, unless there is a simple thing I am missing ?

Edited by Shrike88
added context

12 hours ago, Shrike88 said:

Seems will only save if I start from a blank template.  Kind of disappointing, unless there is a simple thing I am missing ?

Probably not. 5js file are longing for a revamp after some other featured were added, so probably not useful at the time. I have to look into it next, and have already some ideas for them…but only so many hours in a day 😬

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, finally, v1.7 is here (since some time already, if you've been updating regularly). I've been pushing some new versions, as I have been working in the new map functions, to enable creating some flightplan, threat, orbits and generic drawings, and even doing it full-screen, for online briefings. I have been polishing the functions and, therefore did not yet want to announce the version, but now it is, at least, usable. I will continue with the refinements, though, and have a lengthy backlog of bug fixes and improvements on my to-do list...

So far, this has been the life cycle of v1.7 features (inverse chronological order):

v1.7.11 Changelog:

• [Feature]: Added Instruction field on menu bar to explain mechanizing of drawing functions
  • [Feature]: Color changing of user-drawings
  • [Change]: Several improvements to drawing functions
  • [Fix]: Fixed a regression on flight plan colors

v1.7.10 Changelog: Dev. Only Release (internal)

v1.7.9 Changelog:

• [Feature]: Added "drawings" tab to map panel, to show added drawings and control visibility/color

v1.7.8 Changelog:

• [Feature]: Added "measurement ruler" to map. Select with button, use middle mouse button to select start and end point
  • [Feature]: Added "draw line" to map. Select with button, use middle mouse button to select start and end point
  • [Feature]: Added "polyline" to map. Select with button, use middle mouse button to introduce points, finish selection with double click (left button)
  • [Feature]: Added "Orbits" to map. Select with button, use middle mouse button to select start and end point
  • [Feature]: Floating panel in Map View can be resized dragging the handle in the lower right corner
  • [Change]: Moved RAMROD field in Commcard to the top, for better visibility

v1.7.7 Changelog:

• [Feature]: Added new tab in map panel, for naval units
  • [Feature]: Added naval unit threat ranges into SAMs tab (individual per ship)
  • [Change]: modified threat circles transparency updates to avoid glitches
  • [Change]: minor improvements on stability (WiP)
  • [Fix]: Fixed (again!) Discord Webhook save function

v1.7.6 Changelog: Dev. Only Release (internal)

v1.7.5 Changelog:

• [Feature]: Added Ground Unit icons for SAM Launchers and radars
  • [Feature]: Added AWACS orbits to map
  • [Feature]: Reworked Tanker Orbits, to have a better outline, and show Tanker details (recovery tankers still WiP)
  • [Feature]: Added a dialog to customize flight plans/orbits color
  • [Feature]: Added a range of new SAM and AAA units
  • [Change]: Changed waypoint marker style to better follow color changes in flightplans
  • [Change]: Improved SAM site components recognition, including SA-2/SA-3 and SA-11/SA-17 discrimination
  • [Fix]: Prevent wrong coalition Tanker Orbits from showing

v1.7.4 Changelog:

• [Feature]: added more SAM units and refined threat ranges
  • [Feature]: added distinctive icon for EWR sites in map
  • [Fix]: Exception thrown when trying to use 3rd Discord Webhook slot (hopefully fixed)

v1.7.3 Changelog:

• [Feature]: added ground units to map, with their own tab
  • [Feature]: SAM sites tooltip label will show all units belonging to same site
  • [Change]: Added icons to context menu options in map
  • [Change]: enabled On Mouse Over behavior for SAM sites tooltip labels
  • [Fix]: Map would not export with header when selecting the Discord button
  • [Fix]: WP icons inconsistenciy when using the show/hide option with different levels of zoom

v1.7.2 Changelog:

• [Feature]: increased number of units supported per .miz file
  • [Feature]: added airbase information to map (when zoomed out)
  • [Change]: modified size of WP markers depending on zoom level
  • [Change]: modified Discord Webhook dialog to have a "Save and close" button
  • [Change]: fixed map export labe position to center
  • [Change]: enforced consistency of RAMROD label between Mission Datacard and Commcard
  • [Fix]: checking "show WPs" in map won't show WPs from hidden flights
  • [Fix]: North pointer rotation incorrect - fixed
  • [Fix]: Map tab header not being exported - fixed
  • [Fix]: Minor fixes: exception catching, sanitization of arrays between mission loads... (WiP)

v1.7.1 Changelog:

• [Fix]: internal fixes in project dependencies

v1.7.0 Changelog:

• [Feature]: Added Map Tab
  • [Feature]: Added selectable flight plans for the map
  • [Feature]: Added selectable threat circles
  • [Feature]: Added option to maximize Map Screen
  • [Change]: modified Commcard to load 251.000 on Radio 2 ch.1 if selected to use 5Js standards
  • [Fix]: residual code showing an exception - removed
  • [Limitation - WiP]: Orbits for recovery tankers are still not shown in the map
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey raus,

I think this work is brilliant. It's exactly looking for for mission planning. However, I've run into an issue importing a .miz file. I've been trying out one of the DCE Manager dynamic campaigns, and I'm trying to load the first mission into Datacard Generator, but none of the data is imported. I've attached the .miz file I'm trying to open.

I am able to open other .miz files from "simpler" missions just fine.

Thank you for your hard work!

EDIT: You can disregard this. After doing a little more research and unzipping the .miz, it appears as if the format used for these generated missions is either very old and/or different enough that it probably wouldn't be supported by your Datacard Generator.

Crisis in PG-Warthog_first.miz

Edited by adamant365

22 hours ago, Spanker79 said:

Any thoughts on how i can make the application to fit my screen?
The icons on the middle column are barelly visible...
@raus?

image.png

I will have a look into alternate layouts, as I‘ve always been testing at 2K resolution. I think, in the meantime, you could seitch into single pane mode (only 1 datacard visible), and it would free up space. But I will check

35 minutes ago, raus said:

I will have a look into alternate layouts, as I‘ve always been testing at 2K resolution. I think, in the meantime, you could seitch into single pane mode (only 1 datacard visible), and it would free up space. But I will check

Thanks since there are users (like me) who don't have 2K monitors 😉

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

🇬🇷 1st Hellinic Virtual Squadron for Flaming Cliffs & DCS World
~ Flying since 2008 ~