DecaGear 1

Thinder

Hi!

I'm a little bit fade up with the big companies gear and attached strings such as Facebook  account etc.

So I preo-rdered this headset and apparently it is promising to be released in 4/5 month.

Front-final-4k-1.png

Look at its specs here.

Edited by Thinder
  • Thanks 1

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

Seems to be almost another Reverb G2.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

4 minutes ago, dburne said:

Seems to be almost another Reverb G2.

It does indeed, minus the WMR bit it seems. I've Preordered for the sake of $10 and the option to cancel prior to delivery. Ironically I have a feeling this will turn up before my G2 RMA does 😁

• Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

15 minutes ago, zildac said:

It does indeed, minus the WMR bit it seems. I've Preordered for the sake of $10 and the option to cancel prior to delivery. Ironically I have a feeling this will turn up before my G2 RMA does 😁

Yeah, that's exactly my feeling.

I was lucky to have one of the early G2 released in the UK but it packed up after a month of use, then I figured that Windows Mixed Reality and Steam support for this headset were average to garbage, but it is STEAM VR.

If I understand well, the deveopers for this headset are working at their own software which hopefully will be better...

They also are working on improving on the FoV which is 114°.

Edited by Thinder
  • Thanks 1

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

Just now, Thinder said:

Yeah, that's exactly my feeling.

I was lucky to have one of the early G2 released in the UK but it packed up after a month of use, then I figured that Windows Mixed Reality and Steam support for this headset were average toigarbage.

If I understand well, the deveopers for this headset are working at their own software which hopefully will be better...

Likewise, got mine just before Xmas (Systemactive) had an absolute nightmare trying to get my (Intel) PC to recognise it, got that fixed with manual install of the Holo Lens driver and then after about 3 weeks it decided it didn't like USB anymore. Shame really as it looked fantastic! My friend also had a preorder unit and his has been absolutely fine. So bad luck I guess, however the whole RMA process has just left a bad taste and I want to move off the Rift S I purchased as a stop gap.  Fingers crossed this will deliver And thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Yeah, after a while both Windows Mixed reality and Steam VR couldn't detect the device, while windows 10 could, it might have been an issue with the headset it self. SystemActive support were very good to me, they suggested a refund straight away and I had it after a few days from delivery to them.

Anyway, after refund I got the best RAM available for my Ryzen 5600X instead and have some money left for a second hand Samsung HMD Odyssey Plus to keep me waiting, since I get it from CEX for £250.00 and that they buy them for £117.00, it will help lowering the cost anyway...

Edited by Thinder
  • Like 1