[AS INTENDED] Aircraft moves forward at idle when parking brake released

imacken

I assumed this was one of the fixes in the recent update with stuff like 

• Fixed: ground roll stutter when moving from stopped position
  • Fixed: aircraft rolling forward when chocks removed

in the patch updates, but no.

For me, whenever the parking brake is released, say in any 'Ready on the Ramp' mission, the Harrier starts to move forward with no throttle input.  Only happens with this module, so I assume it's a Harrier issue.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

3 hours ago, imacken said:

I assumed this was one of the fixes in the recent update with stuff like 

• Fixed: ground roll stutter when moving from stopped position
  • Fixed: aircraft rolling forward when chocks removed

in the patch updates, but no.

For me, whenever the parking brake is released, say in any 'Ready on the Ramp' mission, the Harrier starts to move forward with no throttle input.  Only happens with this module, so I assume it's a Harrier issue.

AS INTENDED. Realistic ground IDLE THRUST . Marking AS INTENDED and moving to RESOLVED

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [AS INTENDED] Aircraft moves forward at idle when parking brake released

OK, it is 'as intended'.  Can you please explain why this behaviour is present only in the Harrier?  Why would it move forward at a reasonable speed when the parking brake is released and the throttle is at idle?  Is the clue not in the name 'idle'?

Thanks.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thanks a lot.