Eclair pod ignored

felixx75

I always see in manuals, that the M2000C can only carry a very low number of flares. Standard in the Mission Editor are 16 flares and 112 chaffs. With the Eclair Pod equipped it can carry 48 flares and 112 chaffs. But without the Pod you can still equip 48 flares and 112 chaffs (or 162 chaffs without any flares, or up to 160 flares without any chaffs). So I assume, there's a bug that ignores the pod?

5 hours ago, felixx75 said:

I always see in manuals, that the M2000C can only carry a very low number of flares. Standard in the Mission Editor are 16 flares and 112 chaffs. With the Eclair Pod equipped it can carry 48 flares and 112 chaffs. But without the Pod you can still equip 48 flares and 112 chaffs (or 162 chaffs without any flares, or up to 160 flares without any chaffs). So I assume, there's a bug that ignores the pod?

Yes, this whole part need to be reviewed (flare count and eclair pod).

This has been reported and Elmo already got feedback from the SME.

Just need to be corrected now. 

3 hours ago, Caster said:

I'm also curious about this, and whether the ECM(?) box that I've seen on the left on the HUD is part of the eclair pod

You mean on the right? It's part of the SPIRALE suite. It does take into account additional flares/chaff coming from the eclair pod. The old eclair box that was on the left of the cockpit has been removed a while ago when cockpit has been updated. 

Edited by Steph21

On 2/7/2021 at 2:34 PM, Steph21 said:

Yes, this whole part need to be reviewed (flare count and eclair pod).

This has been reported and Elmo already got feedback from the SME.

Just need to be corrected now. 

You mean on the right? It's part of the SPIRALE suite. It does take into account additional flares/chaff coming from the eclair pod. The old eclair box that was on the left of the cockpit has been removed a while ago when cockpit has been updated. 

I meant the old eclair box, but if it's been removed it would explain why I never see it 😄

Fly fast and leave a pretty wreck

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, felixx75 said:

So it works correctly and is not a bug?

The Old Eclair box not showing is intended, but what you described should clearly be reviewed and could be considered as a bug indeed, or at least not working as IRL. Elmo already had feedback from the SME that confirmed it.

The Eclair pod on the M2000C carries 2 racks of 8 flares and one rack of 18 Chaff.

Currently, DCS ignores totally the Eclair Pod as you described

So we should have 112 chaff and 16 flares without the pod, and 130 chaff and 32 flares with the pod equipped.

Old post from Zeus about it:

The Éclair pod is a small box placed in the brake chute storage bin. It carries 18 more chaff and 16 more flares. The amount of chaff and flares is fixed and cannot be modified.

The Éclair-M is a new pod, made by the company who built the Éclair as a replacement. AFAIK it wasn't approved for use in the AdA until recently. It has more capacity and unlike the Éclair, the amount of chaff/flares can be tailored to the specific mission.

The M-2000C never carried the Éclair-M, only the Éclair. The -5 and the D are the ones who have the Éclair-M among their load options.

Edited by Steph21
  • Like 1