Question for the ED guys

OperatorDerp

Hey Guys, Just wanted to ask whether wags statement from an August Newsletter that we are getting the sniper XR pod, But it isn't included in the Planned systems list in the forums. Just want to know what is accurate, and if we aren't getting a Sniper a little insight into why, as its used on quite a few aircraft in the dcs library (A10, Viper, F15E etc)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2020-08-14/

Edited by OperatorDerp
  • Like 2

According to this, Sniper XR came on the F-16CM in the M4.1 software tape, we have the M4.2 or 4.3, so our F-16CM is definitely realistic to have it present on the F-16CM (though interesting that the AGM-154s are present on the list, which came in M5.1).

The Sniper XR ATP has been removed and added to the planned list many times AFAIK, I think the A-10C II was also slated for it.

Ultimately it depends on whether or not they can actually model it - which would require the necessary documentation be available.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, Northstar98 said:

According to this, Sniper XR came on the F-16CM in the M4.1 software tape, we have the M4.2 or 4.3, so our F-16CM is definitely realistic to have it present on the F-16CM (though interesting that the AGM-154s are present on the list, which came in M5.1).

The Sniper XR ATP has been removed and added to the planned list many times AFAIK, I think the A-10C II was also slated for it.

Ultimately it depends on whether or not they can actually model it - which would require the necessary documentation be available.

And that’s why I specified Question for ED, Nobody aside from them know, So until then it’s just rumors