LSO too generous

alecdavis47

Hello,

I have noticed that the qualifications of the lso are too optimistic. I have made 5 consecutive pass on Case I and all the hitches have been _ok_, even with low and high glideslopes, deviated to the right and left.

By definition, a _ok_ pass is a perfect pass, in extraordinary conditions, such as a mechanical failure or extreme weather conditions, without losing the glide slope, or the need to make corrections. My 5 landings were, at mo usps tracking st, (ok), with small deviations. Even on a perfect pass with good weather and visibility, the rating should be ok.

I write you the definition of perfect pass according to the US Navy:

• "OK Underline" – a perfect pass, generally under unfav showboxorable circumstances. Naval Aviators often have hundreds of carrier landings without ever receiving this grade. Worth 5 points.  showbox

thank you.

Edited by alecdavis47
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...
9 hours ago, 9thHunt said:

Enjoy your spot at the top of the greenie board.  All I can get are cut passes and bolters, no matter how good I line up.

The very next day I got nothing but cut passes all across the board. Something just isn't right with the LSO grading. The ball seems to be off as well. When I fly the ball, ICLS shows me high, and I bolter every time. I have to fly a slightly low ball to trap, and that often means excessive throttle reduction at the ramp to avoid float. Then there's the known issue with AoA going stupid as you pass over the deck, frequently giving me 3PTS grades. 

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 1

The AI LSO grading is all over the place, either graded way way way too optimistically, or way way way too harshly with no middle ground in-between.

An OK pass is a once or twice in a career type deal, it's common practice to get an OK on your final tour trap, and of course for any insane circumstances.

Likewise, a -C> pass is also a two or three time in a career type deal, if you keep getting cut passes, they aren't going to let you continue flying.

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.