M05 minor niggle

ruprecht

Curious why the tanker would want to tank at such low level? Instinct is to go high to conserve fuel, and the air is smoother for refuelling.

Is it just the assumption that the player is in the weeds after being defensive, and wouldn't have the fuel for an ascent?

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

5 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

That’s exactly it. Plus it reflects what happened in the novel. How did you like the mission?

I read the novel up to that point today, and now I get it. Wasn't aware of the fuel conserve profile which makes sense. 

Just completed M05 after getting schwacked the first time, and tanking with under 1000 lbs was intense. Really really well done. I need a drink and a lie down!

I noticed on the tacview that the bandit actually shot at me first but I went defensive on the RWR spike and evaded the missile. He got Prince with the 2nd. Is that normal? Was I just too close to Prince and the missile maddogged onto me?

Cannot wait to continue this, but doing 1 per day is all my old body can stand 🙂  Really appreciate the kneeboard, it's great with VR Kneeboard, I don't have to come out of the headset the entire flight.

• Like 1

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes: