Gazelle is completely frozen when game starts.

hakulus

I've been flying the Gazelle for a couple of months, including Thursday night when I flew some multiplayer with other Gazelles on Twitch.  Then starting Friday every time I pick the Gazelle I can enter the cockpit but everything is frozen.  The world is alive outside with other aircraft visible and normal but nothing in the cockpit is clickable.  If I try running autostart all the indications come up as if it were starting but nothing actually happens in the heli.  Mouseovers on switches show the green selection but nothing will click.  If I choose "clickable cockpit" the cursor appears and disappears but nothing works.  I repaired, I cleaned, I uninstalled the module and reinstalled after making sure the aircraft folder is gone and I removed my inputs folder from Save Games.  Still frozen though all my other modules work fine.  Anyone ever see this before or have any suggestions?

I don't think I have any.  I checked in my saved game folder and there is no SA342 folder at all under mods/aircraft.  The Eagle Dynamics SA342 folder was completely deleted when I reinstalled the module.   Are there any other files for the module stored in the Saved Games folders or in the registry or in any other locations I should know about?

What does it say in the module manager ? And perhaps has your anti-virus cought any file from the gazelle? It might be. Sorry if I haven't got anything more precise to tell you. 

You could also jump to polychop's discord to ask the same question, they're usually more active there. 

Edited by notproplayer3

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

You figured it out notproplayer3!

Got this from ED:  "let's try to completely disable your antivirus software, then delete this file (sa342.dll) if it present, then run DCS repair and after all check the game play with Gazelle" because it still failed to work after a reinstall.  It WAS Malwarebytes that caused the problem.  I disabled it, did a repair and it all works again.  My guess is I need to whitelist the SA342.dll file.  Anyhow it's working again.  Thanks for the assistance here, guys.

• Like 1

I have the same problem, as Hakalus, AND I had an update to malwarebytes, done all the install/repair etc, I notice it has been missing from the Options/control section of the GUI, also that the Coremods/sa342/bin folder was empty. Done ANOTHER repair, set the a/c 6000 ft, had a non rotating falling safe, where not one single switch was operable....before impact....then I found this page...Thank you Hakalus, for some reason it took me ages  to get the correct syntax for Malwarebytes to accept what I was trying to do, and accept the dll. About 4 repairs later I got it right, very frustrating

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...