M2000 in a "good condition"?

Viking 1-1

On 3/22/2021 at 11:30 PM, Hodo said:

The Mirage was my first DCS full fidelity module.  I have flown it for a little over a year and change now.  It is a damned good fighter.  It has its issues but they are because of its age.. it isn't a new late fourth gen fighter like everything else in the game.  It is one of the few fighters that is actually a cold war fighter.   It's air to ground capacity is a bit limited but it isn't horrible.  But don't expect to go into heavy SAM country and expect to not get shot.   

It's also lack of a decent counter to the late spamraam missiles.  It would be nice to have the later model 2000-5 as an option.   But honestly I fly my Mirage more than my F/A-18C Hornet because it is just easier to deal with.  And I can often just dance around missiles.   

The Mirage was my first full fidelity module too, and, it is amazing to fly around, the only thing it lacks is decent fox3 missiles, and datalink. So, with the "renovation" of the mirage in 2019, i decided to try it out.

• Like 1

I had tons of fun with the M2000 when it came out. Baltic Dragon campaigns are the finest and most immersive ones I ever played. That being said after the latest upgrades it became unplayable for me. The controls changed and are incredibly clunky and unintuitive, rwr, radar and other systems became certainly more faithful to the real thing, but I never got around how they work. For me it lost the fun factor as it is quite maddening when I have to go through a sequence of buttons on an unreadable cockpit to try and release a bomb or use the guns. It is also very lacking compared to newer addons (f18, 16 and jf17). I would strongly advise against it, sadly.

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

Someone needs to do a -5 Mirage...  I would pay good money for it.  

Lot of us would do. Razbam knows it, they also know that they would be probably able to benefit from a partnership with French Air Force, hence having access to data quickly, they know that a lot of stuff implemented on the M2000C can be used as -5F is "just" an avionics and weapons system upgrade of the 2000C.

So it just make sense to do it, now they just have to be willing to put resource on it. Which seems is not the case yet. But as they have a new French coder working on the 2000C, who knows what he'll be working on once the 2000C is finished...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, joca133 said:

I had tons of fun with the M2000 when it came out. Baltic Dragon campaigns are the finest and most immersive ones I ever played. That being said after the latest upgrades it became unplayable for me. The controls changed and are incredibly clunky and unintuitive, rwr, radar and other systems became certainly more faithful to the real thing, but I never got around how they work. For me it lost the fun factor as it is quite maddening when I have to go through a sequence of buttons on an unreadable cockpit to try and release a bomb or use the guns. It is also very lacking compared to newer addons (f18, 16 and jf17). I would strongly advise against it, sadly.

The changes the name of some controls at some point, but the logic behind it didn't really changed.

The HOTAS is really easy and remember, much more more than the Hornet.

Sure the 2005 Hornet we have in game is more capable than the Mirage 2000C RDI from late 1980' - early 1990'.

It's a matter of time period.

• Like 1

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi