F-5e crash then unavailable on mission load bug...

AesclepiusCrow

Interesting repeatable bug happening on most recent version of Open Beta.  Attempting to fly any mission with the F-5e results in a crash to desktop at approximately 80% of loaded mission.  What's interesting is that upon returning to DCS afterwards - the F-5e no longer shows up as a selectable aircraft or as an aircraft in the list at the bottom of the screen (neither activated nor deactivated icon shows up.)    In the module list, it still shows up as available and activated.  Deactivating and reactivating doesn't change anything.  Uninstalling the module then reinstalling the module resets the scenario to the beginning where it will crash on mission load again.  I haven't been able to get the crash to work with any other aircraft, but the only aircraft I've tested since then is the Jeff.

I removed all mods and did a clean install with a new saved games folder and a complete reinstall with just the F-5E and it continues to happen.  I think it's likely linked to a change in the new patch as I was flying it sometime in the last few days - I believe Thursday or Friday at the earliest.

dcs.log-20210308-065116.zip

Edited by AesclepiusCrow

26 minutes ago, AesclepiusCrow said:

Interesting repeatable bug happening on most recent version of Open Beta.  Attempting to fly any mission with the F-5e results in a crash to desktop at approximately 80% of loaded mission.

It should be noted that this is with a quick mission, I did not get a chance to try it with a mission of another type.  I tried a couple different maps - caucauses, nevada, syria.

• ED Team

Hi

please let us know what antivirus you are using, is it malwarbytes? 

Check your antivirus is not creating problems for DCS 

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Malwarebytes and kerpesky seem to be very over protective and have been creating problems for dcs. 

Glad you have it resolved now. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2