Course Attack

Rapax

After the North Arrow on the TPOD gets fixed, that should get you rough idea how you should align yourself if you want to i.e. do a snakeye run at the convoy.

Also, if you do a WINC long when the TPOD is looking at the convoy, you will get a target mark on EHSD. By using your location, target location and the approximate knowledge of where the TPOD is looking (left, right, behind,...) you can plan out a rough attack pattern

Edited by Vakarian
WINC -> WINC long
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 12:40 PM, Rapax said:

Hello

If I see a column of vehicles in TPÔD Can anybody tell me How can I know The course  of those vehicles In order to  aligned  myself and attack  in a single pass?.:joystick: 

Thanks

If you see them on the TPOD, why you need to do anything as you know their course already for alignment? It is like aligning yourself to runway for landing in visual conditions, you just "do it".

But if you mean scenario like:

1) Spot the targets on long road

2) Need to perform a low-level attack blind to the attack position by performing a wide turn somewhere else.

3) Align yourself to expected position and perform bombs drop from low level.

If you have the targets on the TPOD, then you already have option to have Target Designation for the attack. To get the road direction you can just turn the course so it will align itself from TD to angle you see on the TPOD video. This is where the digital MAP is benefitical as you would just turn it based that, but you can visually imagine the TPOD video angle be tilted as "above view" and adjust course based that. You get it in 5-10 degree accuracy very easily. And if you have distance to target then you can use TPOD itself to fine tune your approach. 

If you do not have visual for the road/location where you need to engage, then you would need to have either map to align yourself or someone tell you the column heading. This example in low cloud cover or mist condition etc. 

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.