F-5E not supported?

TAW_Impalor

Hello @Hollywood_315! I have VAICOM Pro and it works fine with all modules except F-5. I can talk to ground crew, but no-one once airborne. Also, having VAICOM running disables Nosewheel steering button to act as a comms menu. '\' is also disabled, but I can use RAlt-\ to bring it up. If VA/VAICOM is not running, Nosewheel steering does bring up the menu. My phrases are recognized, but not passed to DCS. See the screen below to identify the problem. I have Easy Communication disabled.

image.png 

Edited by impalor

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

It works fine for me. Tune the radio, use the select command. That does it for me.
VAICOM doesn't use the radio menu, so don't bind TX button to any radio button on DCS, and disable show menu in VAICOM control panel.
Hope this helps!
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I disabled the menus and now I cannot open them at all. Saying 'options' is recognized, but does nothing. 'bogey dope' in Intercept mission is recognized, but does nothing. Updating Vaicom to version .24 did nothing. VA is the latest version 1.8.7. Other modules work fine for me...

image.png

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

Dont disable menus.  i think thats bad advice for new users.  the F10 menu support can be shaky with just Voice commands, and while youre voice is tuning the recognition-engine, there will be commands that just dont work right for a while like 'ground power off' vs 'on' that you just dont want to sit on tarmac struggling with and a quick F8 will do, or custom MBot-style servers with complex menus and customized receiver-ID-names, etc.  (btw this all smooths out after a while, so its true that you should commit to Vaicom as much as you can).  Without the comms-menu as a fallback, youre just too disabled. 

The downside is that you see that menu pop up a lot and it can get annoying, especially when trying to use F10 or something and its misinterpreted as a chat-command.
I look back and remember that the first month was quite a struggle, and now i get recognition for my commands and context at like 95% these days. (AIRIO has its own challenges).

As for the F-5, i guess i havent flown her in years and not since VAICOM was installed, but first thing is to note that VAICOM is aware of your aircraft's avionics-state (meaning its aware if you havent powered-on the radio , for example, or have it in GUARD instead of PRESET mode).  Once you confirm the radio is powered up and you can use the classic text-comms menu to talk to the tower or awacs, then confirm that VAICOM is doing the same.

last thing, note that if you dont have VoiceAttack targeted to send commands to DCS specifically (instead of the default which is to send to foreground application) you will be talking to voice attack log-window and the commands just wont get to the simulator. (if thats not obvious. sorry if so)

• Like 1

Make sure the TX you are using matches the radio. You can test using the PTT tab of the VAICOM widget once the radio is turned on. I notice in your log that you are giving "options" on TX5 and "bogey dope" on TX2. But other times you are pressing TX1. There is only one radio in the F-5 so you should only be using one TX node, except possibly to talk to ground crew or invoke F10 menu options.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals