Jester stuck sometimes at PD-STT (try to lock with P-STT)

Papa Saubär

Hello, 

today I test some radar stuff for the F-14 Tomcat.

My idea: Lock a Target, switch to P-STT and kill the target, but sometimes Jester stucked at PD-STT and I'm not able to fix it.

PD-STT P-STT.trk

Capture.PNG

I try keybinding, toggle menu, silent and active radar again. Only a "respawn" work for me.

It would be great if I can save the option, that jester have to lock targets with P-STT first.

That might not be a Jester issue at all, but a limitation of the radar itself. PDSTT and PSTT work very differently and in some situations the radar is able to lock a target in PDSTT, but not in PSTT or vice versa, as the target needs to meet different criterias for each mode.

Generally speaking PDSTT has a longer range than PSTT and is immune against ground clutter unlike PSTT. PDSTT requires the target to have a high relative velocity though (closing in on you or flying away from you), which PSTT doesn't need.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

7 hours ago, QuiGon said:

That might not be a Jester issue at all, but a limitation of the radar itself. PDSTT and PSTT work very differently and in some situations the radar is able to lock a target in PDSTT, but not in PSTT or vice versa, as the target needs to meet different criterias for each mode.

I interpreted the issue to be the same one I reported here:

If that's the case then it's not a radar issue so much as a jester issue. After the first request to transition from PD to P-STT he will respond affirmatively to all subsequent requests, but he'll never actually attempt to make the transition. Its not that the radar is having trouble finding the target in pulse, it's that Jester isn't even trying to use it in the first place. If I had to guess somehow Jester is getting into a state where the pulse lock code function isn't being called.