Wishlist Item: USS Akron

shu77

I have always thought it would be fantastic to get a proper modelled version of the USS Akron from the 1930's and be able to do airborne carrier ops against the i-16s.  I know its perhaps a little far from any current scope, but this video reminded me of the idea recently and the potential for interesting gameply:

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

• 1 month later...

I'd love to see this too!  Not sure how it would be implemented, maybe as a ship but with the 3d model far off the water?  Not sure how it would be possible to land on it otherwise.  I know there was a Zeppelin in the WWI mod, but I'm sure it wasn't landable. 

Website (DCS Content): https://sites.google.com/view/spinossimulationsite/home?authuser=0

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@SpinosSimulations

System Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3060, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM

DCS Wishlist: F-8E/J Crusader, UH-1Y/AH-1Z, F-14B(U), F-14D/ST-21 Super Tomcat

Like this?🙂Screen_210614_144420.jpg

Screen_210614_144354.jpg

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Yeah thats the one, now it just needs some super carrier crew and recovery options, Theres a really old game called Carrier Command which I think the new Microprose is remaking.  Its like a carrier/ATV/fighter sim.  but the whole game goal is not dissimilar to the boardgame 'battleship.' Being able to do something similar with the Akron on a map like Caucaus or Syria would be grand.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png