16:9

xhaos

i am sorry if this was asked before but i am searching 10 minutes now and i catn find any related post. will bs support natively widescreens through the engine? many people now have wide screens with both 16:9 and 16:10 ratios and i wander if they will be able to play this sim without any distorsions like in LO.

Also while i am posting, i would like to know if you will fully support TS cougar. the reason i am telling this is because in lockon cougars microstic isnt recognised as a microstic whitch created a few mapping dificulties for me.

thanks for your time

In LO you also don't have any disortions. You have to only write 1.6 value in graphics.cfg (in Config folder).

DisplayMode
{
   resolution = {1680, 1050};
   bpp = 32;
   fullscreen = 0;
   aspect = 1.6; [size=3][b]<--- here[/b][/size]
   Interface
   {
       bpp = 32;
       fullscreen = 0;
       aspect = 1.6;[size=3][b] <--- here[/b][/size]
   }
   Simulation
   {
       bpp = 32;
       fullscreen = 0;
       aspect = 1.6; [size=3][b]<--- here[/b][/size]
   }
   AVI
   {
       resolution = {640, 480};
       fullscreen = 0;
       aspect = 1.3333; [size=3][b]<--- not important[/b][/size]
   }
}

About Coughar support I don't know :(

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Thanks for trying a search, xhaos. Yes, Black Shark will include native support for widescreen resolutions. Your question about the Cougar was in fact asked before in the Q&A thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=498822&postcount=427

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

i am sorry if this was asked before but i am searching 10 minutes now and i catn find any related post. will bs support natively widescreens through the engine? many people now have wide screens with both 16:9 and 16:10 ratios and i wander if they will be able to play this sim without any distorsions like in LO.

Also while i am posting, i would like to know if you will fully support TS cougar. the reason i am telling this is because in lockon cougars microstic isnt recognised as a microstic whitch created a few mapping dificulties for me.

thanks for your time

That is a Cougar-Problem, not that of LockOn. The Cougar's Ministick AFAIK is designed to simulate a mouse. To activate it, you can go into the Foxy-Composer and click the statement to use it as a mouse.

If you then start LockOn, under options and input you can choose "mouse" as device and assign x- and y-mouse-axis to whatever you want and use the ministick as a "minijoystick".

At least AFAIK that is the only way to activate the stick in general, because it is not recognized as axis-input-device in any game I tested. It's the same with the X52, btw but if there is a trick, maybe somebody can enlighten me/us? :huh:

There were some rumors in the past weeks, that Thrustmaster is woken up from hibernation and is going to release a revised version of the Cougar and reworked drivers for 64bit-systems. Maybe they will also release a new firmware, which will make this stick more useful.

The Ministick on the CH Throttle IMHO is the best example how to implement a ministick, though it's not really ergonomic and hard to use the button without moving the stick - nobody is perfect. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is a Cougar-Problem, not that of LockOn. The Cougar's Ministick AFAIK is designed to simulate a mouse.[...]

At least AFAIK that is the only way to activate the stick in general, because it is not recognized as axis-input-device in any game I tested. It's the same with the X52, btw but if there is a trick, maybe somebody can enlighten me/us?

You can have the cougar mini stick used as joystick axis too. But since DirectX only supports at most 8 axes, you have to disable some other axis to do that and move the microstick-axes to two of the first 8 for DirectX to recognize them.

Toe-brakes are two obvious axes to move to axis 9 and 10, unless you actually have pedals with toe-brakes connected to your Cougar (if it's connected directly to the PC then it doesn't matter, it will be a separate joystick with its own 8 axes to use).

You can change which axis is which number from the Cougar Control Panel.

Edited by arneh

You can have the cougar mini stick used as joystick axis too. But since DirectX only supports at most 8 axis, you have to disable some other axis to do that and move the microstick-axis to two of the first 8 for DirectX to recognize them.

Toe-brakes are two obvious axis to move to axis 9 and 10, unless you actually have pedals with toe-brakes connected to your Cougar (if it's connected directly to the PC then it doesn't matter, it will be a separate joystick with its own 8 axis to use).

You can change which axis is which number from the Cougar Control Panel.

To be honest, I don't understand that. :(

1. The limit of 8 axis means 8 axis per device, IIRC.

2. My Cougar has only 7 Axis, 3 are disabled (Rudder and both toebrakes) in the control-panel.

So if I have no rudder connected, it has only 7 axis connected overall, but no matter what I set the ministick to, if I don't map it as a mouse, it doesn't work in any game I have.

That also corresponds to the axis-overview, where the ministick is not available as an axis either. :huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1. The limit of 8 axis means 8 axis per device, IIRC.

Yes, but the pedals and toe brakes are the same device as the Cougar.

2. My Cougar has only 7 Axis, 3 are disabled (Rudder and both toebrakes) in the control-panel.

But they don't just have to be disabled, but also among the first 8 axes for DirectX to see them. This is how it is by default, and you can see that the Microstick is on axes 9 and 10 and won't work:

controlPanel0.png

While if you change it to something like this on axis 7 and 8, then DirectX should see them (but disable using it as a mouse in the profile then, it can't be both a joystick and a mouse at the same time):

controlPanel1.png