F10 Radio Menu message but only to the initiating unit

ghashpl

Hey,

I would like to have an option in ME, that could send a message to the unit that used an F10 radio menu. But only to that unit.

On multiplayer missions, we are spammed by messages because they are send to everyone.

I think it could work like this:
Trigger - switched condition (or once)

Condition - flag value that is corresponding to added radio menu

Action - "Message to caller/initiator"

1.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I agree that this is something highly desirable. I'd like this to be generalized and extended as 

• message to unit
  • sound to unit
  • AddCommand to unit (currently, all F10 commands are issued on a group level, not unit even though the game can do it as exemplified in the rearm, refuel, repair, taxi requests))

If not possible in ME, I'd very much welcome if it was available on API level via scripting

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

The lack of this is causing a significant problem for my scripts and missions. This should be a quick fix that would really improve interactions for lots of users, players, mission designers etc.

This has to work for CLIENTS under MP Dedicated servers too. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

@BIGNEWY

Hi BN,

Sorry for tagging as you're tagged very often.
Just saw this post and no response from the ED team, so thought it would be sad if it was missed
I think the mission making community would be very grateful if this would be looked at.

Basically the work around now is having 1 client per group, but that has a lot of downsides as well.
And with the new missionmaking options focusing on easy group reusability (comms, loadouts, waypoints) it would make mission making a lot easier.

It would also make it possible to make more engaging multiplayer missions.
Tankers, ATC etc. already are specific to the user initiating. It would be nice to extend that option to the F10 (other) menu.

Both in the API layer and mission editor.

Kind regards,
Dutchie 🙂

Edited by dutchie_031

You can easily do this with scripting;

trigger.action.outTextForUnit()

The trickier part is (because of the lack of support from ED about per UNIT F10 Radio Messages) having only a specific unit have the F10 Radio command, but it's do-able via scripting. I make extensive use of it in my Superscript. 

Edited by Elphaba

Hmm yeah, I reacted mostly to the Per Unit F10 command 🙂 Not to the message only per se.

I read the title in that context and read the rest just as such haha

I kinda would like units to have F10 commands that are specifically linked to that unit (without them having to be in seperate groups)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dutchie_031 said:

Hmm yeah, I reacted mostly to the Per Unit F10 command 🙂 Not to the message only per se.

I read the title in that context and read the rest just as such haha

I kinda would like units to have F10 commands that are specifically linked to that unit (without them having to be in seperate groups)

Yes, I've wished listed that and bugged it several times. 

The way around it (and it's complicated) is a lot of scripting, but there is still an issue in the DCS backend that the C pointers are getting trashed.