Bug reports

1 hour ago, Lovi0715 said:

And now for an actual bug report:

Playing the latest open beta multithread preview build 2.9.0.47168 in mission 6 Whiplash (51.5) has no voice over throughout the entire mission. Not even the subtitles come up. 

Good thing Steep responds to him by mentoning the green smoke otherwise I would have had no idea whats going on lol.

Oh and btw, thanks for the great campaigns dude(s) i bought every ground pounder sims campaign and they are setting the bar waaay too high 😉 

HI, thanks very much!  I'll have a look into it.

Am 2.11.2023 um 21:26 schrieb Lovi0715:

And now for an actual bug report:

Playing the latest open beta multithread preview build 2.9.0.47168 in mission 6 Whiplash (51.5) has no voice over throughout the entire mission. Not even the subtitles come up. 

Good thing Steep responds to him by mentoning the green smoke otherwise I would have had no idea whats going on lol.

Oh and btw, thanks for the great campaigns dude(s) i bought every ground pounder sims campaign and they are setting the bar waaay too high 😉 

I 2nd that...actually both, the bug and the complement. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Just to update you all...

Darkstar comms issues were caused by radio updates to the A-10 causing the AM preset to change to FM.

Whiplash comms - radio was working fine, but for some reason the signal from the units broadcasting was very weak so wasn't getting picked up.  Fixed by moving the unit closer.

Please let me know if you come across any more missions with issues from the update.

Fixes will probably land in the December update now.

Not sure if this is a DCS or mission issue but having a hell of a time with mission 1. Entering the coordinates in the CDU seem to have no effect. Probably flew around for 20 minutes trying to get it to work.

Works fine when doing a free flight, without a mission. Super frustrated.

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2023.11.20 - 20.06.42.00.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2023.11.20 - 20.07.10.85.png

9 minutes ago, grimdar said:

Not sure if this is a DCS or mission issue but having a hell of a time with mission 1. Entering the coordinates in the CDU seem to have no effect. Probably flew around for 20 minutes trying to get it to work.

Works fine when doing a free flight, without a mission. Super frustrated.

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2023.11.20 - 20.06.42.00.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2023.11.20 - 20.07.10.85.png

Shouldn't make any difference that it's in a mission, the CDU is the CDU, that's not something we can change through the mission making process.  Is it an issue you're having with changing the info already in the CDU maybe, assuming on a free flight mission there's no waypoints in there already? 

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Almost same thing for me, except that I can hear Whiplash before the first RUN, not after when I switch back on the way to IP Alpha.
and at the end of the mission, when I try to contact Overlord, same problem (both with presets or manual).

My version was OB 2.9.2.49629.

Despite this, a great campaign, very immersive with perfect difficulty level (for me at least 🙂 )

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @ChillNG

Just to confirm an issue here on mission 6. Flew it twice tonight, latest open beta and no mods installed.

Whiplash does not respond at all after you switch back from Rodeo after your initial AAA target. Tried both preset 1 and manually entering the freq.

Another issue I found, Darkstar is defaulting to FM, had to go into the comms menu for the ARC210 and change it to AM manually to hear them. Happened both times.

Still managed to finish it though.

• Thanks 1

Any landing that doesn't require the jaws of life....is a good landing...

• 1 month later...

First off, I just want to say that this campaign is positively fantastic! I just finished it, which felt like a real accomplishment. One thing I ran across which I think is a bug but which might have been intentional was in Mission 14: one of the targets is an RPG team, which the radio call says is on a rooftop. After wasting a few minutes searching every rooftop in the village, I found them on the ground on the north side of the building which I was told they were on top of. The tricky part is that the building was masking them from view from the IP, so I had to roam out over the village before I could get a line of sight. The drop itself was then very interesting: having marked their location, I returned to the IP, turned inbound, and dropped blind, then put the laser on the enemy as I came over the top of the building, less than ten seconds before impact. It certainly was one of the more challenging LGB drops I've done, but I'm not sure if it was meant to be that way or if they really were supposed to be on the roof.

The one other bug I ran across was a lot more serious: in Mission 1, Davy said "whilst." 🤪 Americans don't say "whilst." Any Americans. Ever.

26 minutes ago, WWSmith said:

First off, I just want to say that this campaign is positively fantastic! I just finished it, which felt like a real accomplishment. One thing I ran across which I think is a bug but which might have been intentional was in Mission 14: one of the targets is an RPG team, which the radio call says is on a rooftop. After wasting a few minutes searching every rooftop in the village, I found them on the ground on the north side of the building which I was told they were on top of. The tricky part is that the building was masking them from view from the IP, so I had to roam out over the village before I could get a line of sight. The drop itself was then very interesting: having marked their location, I returned to the IP, turned inbound, and dropped blind, then put the laser on the enemy as I came over the top of the building, less than ten seconds before impact. It certainly was one of the more challenging LGB drops I've done, but I'm not sure if it was meant to be that way or if they really were supposed to be on the roof.

The one other bug I ran across was a lot more serious: in Mission 1, Davy said "whilst." 🤪 Americans don't say "whilst." Any Americans. Ever.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed!  The RPG team is supposed to be on a roof top, they have done this before so I'll take another look and fix again!

Good point on the 'whilst' lol.  One of my voice actor corrected me on that sometime ago so it has been eradicated from my vocabulary 😉

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Having an issue with mission 5. As I go into the stack and lead says "push to Whiplash", I tune my radio to 51.5 FM manually as per the briefing, and radio shows connected in the HUD top left, but I never hear from Whiplash. I just circle. Everything else works fine up to that point ,I just never get any tasking out of Whiplash. Is there some additional task I have to complete in order to trigger tasks from Whiplash? Enjoying the campaign though, the mid-air parking lot is pretty cool! 

5 hours ago, Valricosuave said:

Hello,

Having an issue with mission 5. As I go into the stack and lead says "push to Whiplash", I tune my radio to 51.5 FM manually as per the briefing, and radio shows connected in the HUD top left, but I never hear from Whiplash. I just circle. Everything else works fine up to that point ,I just never get any tasking out of Whiplash. Is there some additional task I have to complete in order to trigger tasks from Whiplash? Enjoying the campaign though, the mid-air parking lot is pretty cool! 

I'll have a check and see what's happening.

5 hours ago, Valricosuave said:

Hello,

Just did a quick test, no issue for me.  Once the radio was set and I pressed space bar as instructed Davy checked in with Whiplash and I was told to standby.  It's then approx a 2 minute wait until the next comms.  You do spend a few minutes waiting in the stack on this one so the wait is normal.

If you aren't getting the comms between Davy and Whiplash then either the radio is not set correctly or you haven't pressed spacebar after the radio is set.

Thanks, hope that helps.

I just ran mission 5 again and same result. I am setting the radio manually and pressing the space bar. It works with the same process as when we push to Overlord. I change the radio, press space and then I hear the next dialog. But then never hear from Whiplash after we change to that. I then went to mission 6, same thing when we arrive at the target WP. Is there a log or anything that can tell me if it recognizes the radio being set and the space bar being pushed? 

1 hour ago, Valricosuave said:

Also, thanks for testing for me, I appreciate any help or advice 😃 

If the radio is set and space-bar is pressed you should hear a line "set/ready" line from the player character and then mono, followed by Davy checking in to whiplash, then a response.  That's the only confirmation you'll see, are you getting those comms?

Just in case any radio issues, set the VHF (bottom radio in the stack) to preset, then channel 1.

I am not getting those. However, when I flip to Overload earlier in the mission, I get those same confirmation dialogs right away. I do not have my radio set to preset, mine is set to manual. Could that be it? 

Thanks again for all the help.