Bug reports

Hello, I just got the campaign and am running into a bug in Mission 2. When I start the mission and the APU I will use the F10 (other) menu to request an engine start from the tower. I the player never says anything and the tower never responds. I have checked the radio frequency of 260 multiple times and have tried this many different ways with no solution. Please assist, thank you!

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, magd2448 said:

I've checked and rechecked the frequencies and am using the f-10 option for comms and i can never get passed the takeoff phase of flight. Like they won't ever respond to me. 

Are you using the frequency in the pdf briefing/kneeboard, this is different to the stock DCS freqs you'll see in the F10 map/ingame briefing screen.

12 hours ago, magd2448 said:

yes. i'm not sure if it matters either but I do the autostart sequence after I've turned on the battery and apu and set the freq's 

Ok, just make sure that the radio is set up correctly - so set to MAN / PRE as required.  If the problem persists would be useful to know which mission it's happening on and if possible please send a short track from the start of the mission where you're having the problem,which should make it easy to ID what's going on.

And finally just to check, are you using any mods or a program like VAICOM?

On 1/4/2023 at 2:14 AM, ChillNG said:

Ok, just make sure that the radio is set up correctly - so set to MAN / PRE as required.  If the problem persists would be useful to know which mission it's happening on and if possible please send a short track from the start of the mission where you're having the problem,which should make it easy to ID what's going on.

And finally just to check, are you using any mods or a program like VAICOM?

Sorry for the delay, I figured it out and I was using the wrong freq's. Really fun campaign the jtac is a little annoying sometimes about the exact placement of strike missions but other than that it's great. 

9 minutes ago, magd2448 said:

Sorry for the delay, I figured it out and I was using the wrong freq's. Really fun campaign the jtac is a little annoying sometimes about the exact placement of strike missions but other than that it's great. 

No probs, thanks.  Yeah he can be a little precise, something I've improved for future campaigns.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Lusik said:

Starting from Mission 2  none of the preset channels work. It applies to all the radios. I am currently using an Open Beta MT version. 

Overall, great job with the campaign. 👍I have just finished Mission 4 and with I had more time for more soon. 😀

Thanks, glad you're enjoying!  Yeah the presets are fixed on the next update, the new ARC 210 radio update for the A-10 messed them all up as ED added a new pre-set option in the editor.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to restart the campaign on latest open beta and Mission 1 Ground/Tower frequency doesn't work so, I always fail the mission. Unless I'm misunderstanding the ARC210 directions I should be tuning 131.5 on the 210 and 260 AM on the regular radio?

Edited by jstnj

6 hours ago, jstnj said:

I tried to restart the campaign on latest open beta and Mission 1 Ground/Tower frequency doesn't work so, I always fail the mission. Unless I'm misunderstanding the ARC210 directions I should be tuning 131.5 on the 210 and 260 AM on the regular radio?

Hi just checked and all worked ok.  You're correct on the radio settings that you've said, are you using the F10 radio menu?

Having issues with mission 4.

1. On non-MT DCS when you turn on your NVG's your viewing area inside the goggles is zoomed in and off center, but outside the NVG viewing area is normal.

2.On MT I cannot get any responses from anyone on the f10 menu, I am 127.5 for Al Minhad on my ARC-210.

No sure if this issue is consistent with the rest of the missions, but this is currently hindering my progression and experience with the campaign ATM.

6 hours ago, jddichello said:

Having issues with mission 4.

1. On non-MT DCS when you turn on your NVG's your viewing area inside the goggles is zoomed in and off center, but outside the NVG viewing area is normal.

2.On MT I cannot get any responses from anyone on the f10 menu, I am 127.5 for Al Minhad on my ARC-210.

No sure if this issue is consistent with the rest of the missions, but this is currently hindering my progression and experience with the campaign ATM.

Hi, tested the above points on both normal OB and MT OB.

No issues with the NVGs for me.  As a core DCS function these are not anything that will be influenced by a campaign, could it be a mod affecting them?  If you've got any mods I'd recommend trying it without them installed, they can affect anything and everything - even if there's no obvious link.

No issues for me either with Al Minhad, you wrote 127.5 above for the frequency...not sure if this is just a typo or what you've been using but the frequency for Al Minhad is 125.7.  Just tested on 125.7 and all work as should. 

Hope that helps.

Edited by ChillNG

10 hours ago, ChillNG said:

Hi, tested the above points on both normal OB and MT OB.

No issues with the NVGs for me.  As a core DCS function these are not anything that will be influenced by a campaign, could it be a mod affecting them?  If you've got any mods I'd recommend trying it without them installed, they can affect anything and everything - even if there's no obvious link.

No issues for me either with Al Minhad, you wrote 127.5 above for the frequency...not sure if this is just a typo or what you've been using but the frequency for Al Minhad is 125.7.  Just tested on 125.7 and all work as should. 

Hope that helps.

Uh I feel stupid, the freq was wrong which fixed that. Took all the mods off and it fixed the other issue. Sorry to post such stupid issues, and my short comings of my reading of the kneeboards provided to me.

20 minutes ago, jddichello said:

Uh I feel stupid, the freq was wrong which fixed that. Took all the mods off and it fixed the other issue. Sorry to post such stupid issues, and my short comings of my reading of the kneeboards provided to me.

No worries, always happy to help.

I am having trouble with Mission 9.  After killing the 2 T72s in Jiroft, Arrow 3 tells me that theyn now move forward to Mosambiuque, which they do. They then stop at a bridge and nothing happens anymore. No radio calls, no F10 options. I circled the city for another 60 Minutes but the mission does not proceed. Is there anything to do to trigger the mission to go forward?

🖥️ i5-13600K, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX4090 24GB, M2 PCIe 1TB   🥽 Pimax Crystal   🕹️ Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster TPR Rudders

17 hours ago, TimSell75 said:

I am having trouble with Mission 9.  After killing the 2 T72s in Jiroft, Arrow 3 tells me that theyn now move forward to Mosambiuque, which they do. They then stop at a bridge and nothing happens anymore. No radio calls, no F10 options. I circled the city for another 60 Minutes but the mission does not proceed. Is there anything to do to trigger the mission to go forward?

Hi, no after killing the tanks the convoy will move over the first bridge into the city, then turn left, then right and cross the bridge.  After crossing the bridge the next mission event happens.  I've just done a short test on the mission to check the ground unit's pathfinding and they proceeded through their route ok, triggering the next phase.  Not sure why this didn't happen for you, do you have any mods installed?  If so might be worth trying without.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb ChillNG:

Hi, no after killing the tanks the convoy will move over the first bridge into the city, then turn left, then right and cross the bridge.  After crossing the bridge the next mission event happens.  I've just done a short test on the mission to check the ground unit's pathfinding and they proceeded through their route ok, triggering the next phase.  Not sure why this didn't happen for you, do you have any mods installed?  If so might be worth trying without.

I played the mission for a third time, unfortunately with the same result. The leading vehicle of arrow 3 holds right after it has crossed the bridge to Mozambique, all other vehicles with a certain distance. Circled again until it became totally dark, but they never started to move again. I know from a YouTube Video that there should be some kind of ambush but this never occurs with me.

I have no mods installed, I run the latest Beta 2.8.4.39313

Edited by TimSell75

🖥️ i5-13600K, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX4090 24GB, M2 PCIe 1TB   🥽 Pimax Crystal   🕹️ Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster TPR Rudders

7 hours ago, TimSell75 said:

I played the mission for a third time, unfortunately with the same result. The leading vehicle of arrow 3 holds right after it has crossed the bridge to Mozambique, all other vehicles with a certain distance. Circled again until it became totally dark, but they never started to move again. I know from a YouTube Video that there should be some kind of ambush but this never occurs with me.

I have no mods installed, I run the latest Beta 2.8.4.39313

Ok thanks, not sure why I can't replicate but I'll add a fix in for the next update anyway.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb ChillNG:

Ok thanks, not sure why I can't replicate but I'll add a fix in for the next update anyway.

Great, other then that, it is the best campaign I have played so far in DCS for the last three years for sure!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there fellow pilots! I have a constant problem with the Mission 1 of the campaign. Precisely it’s very beginning. After take off I always got the “violation of ATC procedures” message. I’ve read the manual and have read all the answers above in this thread, I’ve checked multiple times the frequencies of the ATC in the F10 menu, and here’s my step by step procedure of the takeoff.
1. Ask ground personnel to connect me to the ground power source.

2. After positive on power connected I turn on Inverter and then turn on ARC-210.

3. Set ARC-210 frequency to 126.5AM and ask ATC to give me permission to start my engines.

4. Wait for positive response and start my APU - APU power switch - Left engine - Right engine.

5. Then turn off my APU power switch and the APU itself.

6. Ask ground crew to disconnect external power. After it is done I close my canopy and ask ATC to start my taxi.

7. In most of the cases they send me to the 13L runway. I start taxiing and stop before the threshold line on the taxiway just before the start of the runway itself.

8. Ask the ATC to give me permission to take off. After positive answer I get to the runway, spool my engines, take my run and take off.

and at the very moment I cross the limits of an airfield I get the error message. I really don’t have a clue what’s going on, but there is few strange things I’d like to mention. First one is the fact that my name in briefing is Gunman, but when I speak with the ATC it’s Enfield. And second thing I saw in the YouTube video of some guy who played this campaign and when he asked ATC’s permission to taxi the answer from the tower was way more complex and detailed than the one I get. In his video tower officer told pilot to taxi to the runway 13L. First turn right and then take left on the E exit.

I think that’s all information I can give, so now I humbly ask you to help me with this issue.

8 minutes ago, Ghostb3D said:

Hey there fellow pilots! I have a constant problem with the Mission 1 of the campaign. Precisely it’s very beginning. After take off I always got the “violation of ATC procedures” message. I’ve read the manual and have read all the answers above in this thread, I’ve checked multiple times the frequencies of the ATC in the F10 menu, and here’s my step by step procedure of the takeoff.
1. Ask ground personnel to connect me to the ground power source.

2. After positive on power connected I turn on Inverter and then turn on ARC-210.

3. Set ARC-210 frequency to 126.5AM and ask ATC to give me permission to start my engines.

4. Wait for positive response and start my APU - APU power switch - Left engine - Right engine.

5. Then turn off my APU power switch and the APU itself.

6. Ask ground crew to disconnect external power. After it is done I close my canopy and ask ATC to start my taxi.

7. In most of the cases they send me to the 13L runway. I start taxiing and stop before the threshold line on the taxiway just before the start of the runway itself.

8. Ask the ATC to give me permission to take off. After positive answer I get to the runway, spool my engines, take my run and take off.

and at the very moment I cross the limits of an airfield I get the error message. I really don’t have a clue what’s going on, but there is few strange things I’d like to mention. First one is the fact that my name in briefing is Gunman, but when I speak with the ATC it’s Enfield. And second thing I saw in the YouTube video of some guy who played this campaign and when he asked ATC’s permission to taxi the answer from the tower was way more complex and detailed than the one I get. In his video tower officer told pilot to taxi to the runway 13L. First turn right and then take left on the E exit.

I think that’s all information I can give, so now I humbly ask you to help me with this issue.

Hi it's a simple solution this one, and a common error so don't sweat it.  Sounds like you aren't using the F10 option in the radio menu, when you open the radio menu you need to press F10 (which is custom commands for the campaign).  If you're getting called Enfield it's because you have selected the F5 option - which is the default DCS ATC system.  Through the campaign you will only need the F10 option.  Hope that helps!

Omg, man I can’t thank you enough! And what an idiot I am! All this time I thought that F10 menu is just another name of Communication menu. I’ll try tonight, but I’m sure you’re right on this matter. Thank you once more.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

And now for an actual bug report:

Playing the latest open beta multithread preview build 2.9.0.47168 in mission 6 Whiplash (51.5) has no voice over throughout the entire mission. Not even the subtitles come up. 

Good thing Steep responds to him by mentoning the green smoke otherwise I would have had no idea whats going on lol.

Oh and btw, thanks for the great campaigns dude(s) i bought every ground pounder sims campaign and they are setting the bar waaay too high 😉