F/A-18c's radar no longer working correctly

ContraStorm

I noticed after the 2.7 update that when I fly the F/A-18 Hornet that I am no longer able to lock any targets no father than 30 miles away. I can see them on my D/L, but I cannot seem to get them to show up as a target that I can lock onto. I have been testing the f/a-18's radar in a server where you can see enemy planes on the F-10 map and you can see the altitude of the enemy. I zone my radar to their altitude and nothing. So basically I cannot lock onto a target until they are under 30 mils away from my F/A-18 which makes the F/A-18 a good target to go after since it can't lock onto its target until its too late.

hornets radar range was decreased to realistic values in 2.7

it was overperforming in the past.

see this graph. its with a su-27 as target, which has high rcs. smaller targets will be visible at shorter ranges.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

I do change PRF setting on the F/A 18. I changed everything you can in order to really see the problem with it. I would understand if the F/A-18 only used AN/APG-65 (range 72km = 44.7) miles, but the F/A-18c also used AN/APG-73 which has a range of 60nm which would be 69 miles. 

@dorianR666I see what you are saying, but this happens to all planes on the f/a-18s radar. Its not just small planes. I think the developers should look into this more carefully and get the actual facts about the radar that was used in the f/a18c.

Edited by ContraStorm

I need further testings but it seems that NCTR option is reducing the radar ability to lock in TWS.

I was having hard times locking targets in formation for AMRAAM release at 40/30 nm and when I unboxed NCTR I got immediat and consistent lock.