Mod wishlist / suggestions ?

First off, I don't want this to be seen as some kind of burden. It's simply a list of "hmm, this might be cool!" ideas. It should not be a list of demands, but rather, if a mod team finds itself waiting around wanting to do a project, but isn't very certain of a topic to chose, they might draw inspiration from something posted this thread. 

Mirage III 

Why? Because the Mirage 3 was the peak of French fighter planes and dominated the Middle East of the  1960's and 70's. Somewhat simple aircraft compared to say a Hornet or Longbow, but it's got cannons and simple heaters, so get good with dogfighting skils. Sure, you have a radar, but there's not a BVR missile. It would be a great opponent for the F-5E, the Mig-19 and Mig-15 too I guess.  Israel used these in air combat over Syria, Egypt, Lebanon and probably Jordan. The Syrian and Persian Gulf maps would be good for this aircraft, though really could be used on any map with a little imagination.  It might be worth using the M2000 as the basis, maybe with less thrust and no BVR, but of course starting from scratch would make it so people who don't have RAz' 2000 could still fly it.

F-104 Starfighter

Why? Because fast. Because beauty. Because many airforces. Because cool. It seems as if a full flyable mod is in development, so this is about support for that flyable mod! I believe it's the VSN people who are making a cockpit for the Starfighter.

UH-60

Why? Because we have the Mi-8 but no modern Western equivalent. The Huey is nice, but it's much smaller, and older too. It would be good for CSAR rescue of downed aircrews. And for forward deployments of ground teams and equipment. Could drop off a few MANPADS teams near an enemy base. Or a forward observer to help guide us onto targets and lase for us!  Maybe it has a DAP option for armaments, turning it into a gunship of sorts!

What do you think of my suggestions?  What are your suggestions and inspirations?

• Thanks 1

Hmm, a DCS wish list. Now why didn’t someone already think of this????

• Like 1

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

18 hours ago, Rick50 said:

if a mod team finds itself waiting around wanting to do a project,

When H E double L freezes over.  They aren't much of a mod team if they're not already busy working on a project.

9 hours ago, Nodak said:

When H E double L freezes over.  They aren't much of a mod team if they're not already busy working on a project.

In a general sense I agree partially with what you are saying, but I'm not talking about teams that are busy with projects now. I'm talking about say three guys who have done mods individually, but are now looking for a more ambitious project to work together as a team, and maybe they have an idea but are maybe lukewarm about the specific topic... they see this thread and think "hey, that could be cool, gonna mention it to Mark and Vlad, see if they like this too". Similarly, say someone made a big mod 5 years ago, got burned out, and even maybe left sims for a year or two. But now they are back in, and are jonesing for a new mod to make, but are short of specific ideas... they see this thread and are inspired, and decide to run with one of those ideas.

Yea, it's rose tinted sunglasses, but sometimes people really do get inspired. Once we get enough suggestions, maybe I'll turn this into a vote, so many can choose the project idea they like the best.

• Like 1

I hope the SU-17 projects become a full fidelity module as it's something I've been wanting for a very long time. but the first mod wish is the SU-7 to be rebuilt or a new one made so when the Mirage 3C gets built then it has an accurate opponent for it to replicate the Six Day War with.

My #1 wish right now is for a USN primary flight trainer. The T-34 Mentor, T-28 Trojan, or T-6 Texan II, in about that order of preference. Something simple, stable and easy to fly, with the same multiplayer instructor-in-the-back-seat feature as VNAO's T-45.

Have you looked at the A-29 Super Tucano mod? IT's a very similar plane to the T-6 TexanII, and Tucanos are always being used for flight training... although the Super is also used for attack as well. Only has a working front seat. But the systems are growing, the HUD works, more ordnance being made for it, has .50cals and Sidewinders, lots of repaints, being developed rapidly...

On 4/26/2021 at 3:24 PM, KWard said:

My #1 wish right now is for a USN primary flight trainer. The T-34 Mentor, T-28 Trojan, or T-6 Texan II, in about that order of preference. Something simple, stable and easy to fly, with the same multiplayer instructor-in-the-back-seat feature as VNAO's T-45.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick50 said:

Have you looked at the A-29 Super Tucano mod? IT's a very similar plane to the T-6 TexanII, and Tucanos are always being used for flight training... although the Super is also used for attack as well. Only has a working front seat. But the systems are growing, the HUD works, more ordnance being made for it, has .50cals and Sidewinders, lots of repaints, being developed rapidly...

I had not, because I'm dumb. I had gotten it into my head somehow that the Tucano was a jet. 🤪  I'll look into it, thanks!

• Like 1