Native support for MFD export (also in VR)

Bergison

ED, can you please consider implementing a way to easily export displays (also while in VR)? Like MFDs displayed on undockable 2D panels, which could be dragged to a second monitor? The current way of modifying the MonitorSetup lua files does not work in VR mode, still I believe a lot of VR simmers / cockpit builders are looking for a way to have MFDs exported. Thanks!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

my simpit website: bergisons.simpit.info

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Patiently waiting for this to be implemented. I've tried many ways to get MFDs exported when in VR, but can only ever get them to render on the "virtual" display that hovers in front of the pilot's head. Seems most people want this for simpits, but I'd like to be able to capture the MFDs with video recording software.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Adding my vote into this rather old thread.

I built my own MFD setup using some Thrustmaster cougars and some LCD panels, and didn't realize until I had the whole project done that I couldn't export the displays while using VR 😞

With Winwing coming out with a complete Hornet DDI/UFC setup later this year, it would be outstanding to have the ability to make the DDIs functional while using VR (I would rather lift my headset and interact with the screens directly, rather than trying to fumble around in VR)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Bumping this- still wanted in 2023!

As a cockpit builder AND a VR user, the technology has improved to the point where there are now a number of little VR utilities that will let you designate part of your FOV as "real world" and pass through your view to it. It would be fantastic to be able to export MFDs to my real-world cockpit screens when in VR mode. I know people have noted this can't be done in threads going back to at least 2016, but with the tech leaps now possible, I'm adding it to the wish list of things we'd love to be able to do. 

Edited by Gorn557

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

you can use them locally on the client PC, VR or Screen regardless, if you want them networked, then OBS -> Set Region, Stream to networked screen.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...