I suddenly have an idea about Spec.Setting

kiss4luna

I suddenly have an idea that DCS could have an auto-detect option for specific settings for different PCs. When using this, DCS detects CPU's proccessing power, VGA's proccessing power, memory capacity, etc. Then it adjusts game settings with dynamical parameters instead of that 'High'/'Medium'/'Low' option.

Maybe this would be more complex for programmers but more effeciency for users' PCs?

RTX 3070

hard to get something like that efficient enough, isnt wort that imo.

They should release the core game as fast as possible without wasting time for useless stuff. I wanna play :joystick::pilotfly:

( Will be my first Sim ever, gonna even buy a Hotstick for the first time :D )

Several programs did this in the past but individual software configurations from user to user --even though the hardware could be the same would --vary and the player would have to adjust them to his likings anyway.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Okey then, how about build-in benchmark demo mode?

Yes. Autotuning correct settings is somewhat hard because of user prefences, ie I cant stand any graphics without antialiasing, others would be happy to sacrifice it for speed/details.

But demo-mode for benchmarking would be nice. Builtin measurement of min/max/avg fps and maybe even cpu/mem/gpu-loads. Valves games have this afaik, and iirc FEAR did too. Remember that it should contain some usual AI-computations etc that would be in real game to achieve optimal accuracy.

It would also help if the demo was divided into sections with different scenes, ie one with large city, one with lots of explosions, one with lots of ground units etc etc so that it would be easier to identify the effects of different options.

But don't let this distract the main goal of getting BS finished ofcourse, but if someone is bored someday, this could be a project to do :)