DCS World running in STEAM vs Stand Alone.

Laika007

I want to purchase/download F-18C Raven One Campaign and fly in it. It also shows I need to download Super Carrier and Persian Golf Map. When going to purchase, it shows that those two will not work within STEAM. I have been flying the F-18C in STEAM. Is there a way to fly F18C in "stand alone" without having to purchase another version of F-18C? 

Thanks 

Yes, you can link your steam account to your ED account, that will allow you to install on stand alone any dlc purchased at steam.

check here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/profile/

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

12 minutes ago, tigertoo said:

hi

i have DCS several  modules "stand alone" installed

if i  link my ED account to Steam  account, can i fly on Steam as well then?

S!

no, only dlc purchased at steam can be used on steam, it’s only the stand-alone dcs the one that can use both steam and ED purchases.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks Rudel_chw, that worked. Last question for now - I know how to move where I sit in the cockpit (up/down/left/right). When I load a new mission, I have to always adjust where I  am in the cockpit. How do I keep the same place in the cockpit when I start a new flight?

These keys adjust your view:

Num/ - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Back 
"Num5" Cockpit Camera Move Center
 "Num2 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Down
"Num* - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Forward
"Num8 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Up
"Num8" Turn Cockpit Camera Up
"Num2" Turn Cockpit Camera Down
"Num/" FOV- aka Zoom-in
"Num*" FOV+ aka Zoom-out
"NumEnter" Default FOV aka Zoom

Stop your head tracker before adjusting the view:

Customising the Default View:
1. Press Num5 to reset your view to the current default. 
2. Adjust your view to what you want as the new default but do not use any snap view keys in the process!
3. Press RALT+Num0 - your new default view should now be saved. 
Test it by changing your view, then pressing Num5 - your view should return to your customised default!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Laika007 said:

Question:  Why is the HUD off center sometimes? It tends to be to the right of center. 

In high crosswind conditions the velocity vector on the HUD will drift away from the center of the HUD, as it is trying to display the point where your aircraft is actually going. You can press the Cage button on the Stick to force the velocity vector to stick on the center of the HUD, but it's best to do this only if the crosswind is strong enough to force the VV out of display.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

Totally understand, thanks.

As fpr flying at night with NVG's. I set right console to NVG and also clicked on RShift + H but did not get the green NVG circle. I checked, it is mapped correctly to my keyboard. Is there something I am missing? 

21 minutes ago, Laika007 said:

Totally understand, thanks.

As fpr flying at night with NVG's. I set right console to NVG and also clicked on RShift + H but did not get the green NVG circle. I checked, it is mapped correctly to my keyboard. Is there something I am missing? 

Guessing you didn't ask the ground crew to change out the HMD for the NVG's before takeoff?  For a long time you magically had both all the time, in an update (in the last 6 months maybe?) it defaults to the HMD and if you want the NVG's you need to swap the HMD for the NVG before takeoff via the "ground" comm's menu

• Like 1

Next question: I am starting off on Supper carrier in Raven Campaign. Cold start - I am a beginner. After lift off, the "nose" indicator blinks on and off to the left of speed. Am I missing something on startup? 

Super carrier... 😃