Does the commander get his own name?

Morrov

Or is Petrovich basically the other pilot besides you, no matter which seat?

I think it would be kind of cool if both of them had a different name, since they're getting 2 separate voice actors.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ftmch said:

I think he's called "Petrovich" because its a default name for AI gunners in the Russian sim community.

Yeah, it's possible that "Petrovich" is just the name of the AI, so whichever pilot is controlled by the AI, he becomes Petrovich.

But I do think it would be cool to have Petrovich in the front, and someone else in the back, separate voice actors are already a great touch, might as well give the commander a name too 🙂

Bob

• Like 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm pretty sure that you will be free to call your crew-mate whatever you want. "Petrovich" is just the nickname for the AI code, I seriously doubt that we will hear our character refer to the character by name, in-game.

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

I'm pretty sure that you will be free to call your crew-mate whatever you want. "Petrovich" is just the nickname for the AI code, I seriously doubt that we will hear our character refer to the character by name, in-game.

Good point.   I'm pretty sure Jester doesn't say,  "Hey, I'm Jester... Bandit 6 o'clock"  😆

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

True, though I'd kinda like him to have an "official" name, it gives it more character, you know?

Edited by Morrov
  • Like 1