Huey Startup positioning on the Tarawa

Gunnar81

This bug has been going on for awhile now but it seems there is only one cold start position for the Huey on the Tarawa deck. Several patches ago(might have even been more than 6months) we could select from one of the 4 helo start positions on the left side of the Tarawa deck, now regardless of which parking spot is picked the Huey always starts at the bow of the ship. Not sure if this is the same with the other chopper modules as I only use the Huey. Bug or something that has been overlooked?

All choppers start from the bow. Been that way as far as I can remember. Same for carriers, bow only to start cold or hot.

I never knew that you could ever pick a spot. People on the SC forums have been complaining about this since release.

You can't pick a spot even for planes.

I don't like it either, but I'm just sayin, it is what it is.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

On 5/6/2021 at 7:46 PM, Gunnar81 said:

This bug has been going on for awhile now but it seems there is only one cold start position for the Huey on the Tarawa deck. Several patches ago(might have even been more than 6months) we could select from one of the 4 helo start positions on the left side of the Tarawa deck, now regardless of which parking spot is picked the Huey always starts at the bow of the ship. Not sure if this is the same with the other chopper modules as I only use the Huey. Bug or something that has been overlooked?

Not sure if you’ve tried it yet, but if you place a static object on the bow spot, it will block that position. Then the Huey will start at a different spot. On the SC I have to place several static objects in all the various spots where it tries to spawn me. Then eventual It’ll spawn me further back towards the stern. I haven’t tried this on the Tarawa but it should work the same way.

Edited by bigalsunit

14 hours ago, bigalsunit said:

Not sure if you’ve tried it yet, but if you place a static object on the bow spot, it will block that position. Then the Huey will start at a different spot. On the SC I have to place several static objects in all the various spots where it tries to spawn me. Then eventual It’ll spawn me further back towards the stern. I haven’t tried this on the Tarawa but it should work the same way.

Thanks, never thought to try that, I'll give it a go.