Vaicom Interactive Kneeboard

Orestd

I installed DCS 2.7 with Voice attack and Vaicom. As far as I can tell everything seems to work except the ATC landing transmission and JTAC 9 lines printouts  in the kneeboard. The kneeboard loads but when ATC instructions or JTAC 9 lines come in they do not print out into the kneeboard. Has anyone else had the same problem? I have checked and rechecked and everything seems to be set up properly. Is there something I am missing.

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I got the Kneeboard extension when it came out, but only today I started fiddling with it.
Will check what I can. emoji6.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Ok let me know if you get ATC landing instructions to print in the kneeboard. For some reason mine won't print and it worked fine in 2.5. Also I just noticed with the latest update which was today DCS won't shut down properly. When I hit exit in the main menu  it hangs on the closing  pic but won't shut down. I get the dialogue box that DCS stopped responding and  close the program that way

Ok let me know if you get ATC landing instructions to print in the kneeboard. For some reason mine won't print and it worked fine in 2.5. Also I just noticed with the latest update which was today DCS won't shut down properly. When I hit exit in the main menu  it hangs on the closing  pic but won't shut down. I get the dialogue box that DCS stopped responding and  close the program that way
I will. There seems to be some issues with VAICOM and 2.7, and VAICOM will be updated when 2.7 is stable.
I haven't had any crashes in 2.7 yet, unless I OC GPU. But it takes longer time to shutdown I have noticed.

10 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I will. There seems to be some issues with VAICOM and 2.7, and VAICOM will be updated when 2.7 is stable.
I haven't had any crashes in 2.7 yet, unless I OC GPU. But it takes longer time to shutdown I have noticed.

Ok thanks. I guess I will have to write everything down until then. Cheers.

Ok thanks. I guess I will have to write everything down until then. Cheers.
Haven't tested JTAC yet, but ATC transmissions come in at least in the A-10A when I testet.
Dictation on/off as well. That was funny.
My main problem is to get the correct pages. I'll probably add that as buttons on my HOTAS though.
I'll do som more testing as this will be a valuable tool for sure.
Cheers!

5 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Haven't tested JTAC yet, but ATC transmissions come in at least in the A-10A when I testet.
Dictation on/off as well. That was funny. emoji16.png
My main problem is to get the correct pages. I'll probably add that as buttons on my HOTAS though.
I'll do som more testing as this will be a valuable tool for sure.
Cheers!

Really so your transmissions are coming through.  Then why are mine not coming through. What am I missing. I checked everything 3 or 4 times. I have uninstalled vaicom and reinstalled it and still the transmissions are not printing out.

I have the pages mapped to my Hottas. that works fine. Everything works except the kneeboard. i will have to check everything again.

Really so your transmissions are coming through.  Then why are mine not coming through. What am I missing. I checked everything 3 or 4 times. I have uninstalled vaicom and reinstalled it and still the transmissions are not printing out.

I have the pages mapped to my Hottas. that works fine. Everything works except the kneeboard. i will have to check everything again.

Sorry, but uninstall/re-install shouldn't do shit, as it's just file copy with a local database anyway. No ini files, appdata or whatever. Even VoiceAttack "lives" inside Steam if you have that version.
It's constitution day today. Bloody wasted, not really.
I'll post a picture later, are you SURE it's not printed? It wasn't that much to see anyway. Just to make sure, I asked the GF, looked like code she said.
Have you tried the dictation? That will for sure show if it works or not.
If it really doesn't work but everything else? That seems strange. Hmmm Export.lua?
Can't think of anything else....
Cheers!

53 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Sorry, but uninstall/re-install shouldn't do shit, as it's just file copy with a local database anyway. No ini files, appdata or whatever. Even VoiceAttack "lives" inside Steam if you have that version. emoji6.png
It's constitution day today. Bloody wasted, not really. emoji1787.png
I'll post a picture later, are you SURE it's not printed? It wasn't that much to see anyway. Just to make sure, I asked the GF, looked like code she said.
Have you tried the dictation? That will for sure show if it works or not.
If it really doesn't work but everything else? That seems strange. Hmmm emoji848.png Export.lua?
Can't think of anything else....
Cheers! emoji1635.png

Hi. Yes I have tried the dictation. I can start the dictation but I can't end it. I say end dictate and it prints it rather than ends it. And everything I dictate is not printed the way I dictate it not even close. I Think something is screwed up in my settings. I did the microphone learning process twice. I haven't got a clue what is going on. I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Edited by Orestd

Hi. Yes I have tried the dictation. I can start the dictation but I can't end it. I say end dictate and it prints it rather than ends it. And everything I dictate is not printed the way I dictate it not even close. I Think something is screwed up in my settings. I did the microphone learning process twice. I haven't got a clue what is going on. I appreciate your help. Thank you.
Quite honestly, contrary to what's in the manual, I've added most words and phrases to the MSSR dictionary. 2000+
Both "start dictate" and "end dictate".
I would say that best practice, is to do this or add aliases to the keywords in VAICOM. Airsupply/ground power won't ever work for me, so I've changed it to compressor and external power. No issues since. The VoiceAttack log will tell you what works, or more importantly, what doesn't. Change it.
It's a limit to what Microsoft Speech does. Neither VAICOM nor VoiceAttack are to blame actually.

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Quite honestly, contrary to what's in the manual, I've added most words and phrases to the MSSR dictionary. 2000+
Both "start dictate" and "end dictate".
I would say that best practice, is to do this or add aliases to the keywords in VAICOM. Airsupply/ground power won't ever work for me, so I've changed it to compressor and external power. No issues since. The VoiceAttack log will tell you what works, or more importantly, what doesn't. Change it.
It's a limit to what Microsoft Speech does. Neither VAICOM nor VoiceAttack are to blame actually. emoji6.png

ok Thanks I will give it a shot

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 6:16 PM, Orestd said:

I installed DCS 2.7 with Voice attack and Vaicom. As far as I can tell everything seems to work except the ATC landing transmission and JTAC 9 lines printouts  in the kneeboard. The kneeboard loads but when ATC instructions or JTAC 9 lines come in they do not print out into the kneeboard. Has anyone else had the same problem? I have checked and rechecked and everything seems to be set up properly. Is there something I am missing.

yep, same here. thought it had to do with dcs 2.7. let's hope the next vaicom update resolves this.

• Like 1

yep, same here. thought it had to do with dcs 2.7. let's hope the next vaicom update resolves this.
Me too. Most of it works for me now, though I have yet to try out JTAC.
Another strange issue for me now is that when I try to bring up the "ATC... Page", I get a double beep confirmation, but nothing happens, and it doesn't switch to the ATC page. "Show tasking order" is another one that doesn't really work, but that seem to be down to faulty recognition.
Cheers!

9 hours ago, HILOK said:

Ok so it isn't just me. Are you flying an F-18?

Me too. Most of it works for me now, though I have yet to try out JTAC.
Another strange issue for me now is that when I try to bring up the "ATC... Page", I get a double beep confirmation, but nothing happens, and it doesn't switch to the ATC page. "Show tasking order" is another one that doesn't really work, but that seem to be down to faulty recognition.
Cheers!

Try binding a hotas button to next page. That works fine for me going from tab to tab. To bind the hotas button you have to do it in voice attack new command. It is in the VAICOM manual. But it gets you to all the tabs.

Edited by Orestd
  • Like 1

I wonder if this is just a problem with a few planes. Maxseena says his work with the A10.
I'll try the Hornet when I have time, but it have worked in different modules,bur didn't try that many. A-10C I/II, Mirage and C-101 I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Following, have same issue. ATC instructions don't print in kneeboard. Just completed a CASE III landing in F-18, none of Mother's instructions printed out on the VR Kneeboard. I did notice that a single line did print, was in the format of "T: +11:13" or something like that which I interpreted to be the push time in minutes:seconds from the current time. But nothing else printed, no holding radial, no holding altitude, no DME nor push time. Tried checking the log, notes and ATC pages. (I've only started using Vaicom this week, so am a total newbie).

Case II and III is a known issue at the moment - the move to 2.7 changed some things and @Hollywood_315 is aware. The plan is that a new version of Vaicom will come out once 2.7 has moved to stable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal